Robotic management of endometriosis: discussion of use, criteria and advantages: a review of the literature
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, Exeter, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEndometriosis is a very common benign condition affecting fertility and quality of life. Different methods, either definitive or fertility sparing are used for its management by using open, laparoscopic, and robotic techniques. This is a literature review presenting the role and the advantages of robotic surgery in endometriosis. Such a management is effective, safe, and feasible in hands of well-trained multidisciplinary teams even for severe cases of endometriosis.
CitationGkegkes ID, Iavazzo C, Iatrakis G, Iavazzo PE, Pechlivani F, Antoniou E, et al. Robotic Management of Endometriosis: Discussion of Use, Criteria and Advantages: a Review of the Literature. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2019;62(4):147-9.
- Robotic Management of Fibroids: Discussion of Use, Criteria and Advantages.
- Authors: Gkegkes ID, Iatrakis G, Iavazzo PE, Bakalianou K, Iavazzo C
- Issue date: 2020
- [Robotic-assisted laparoscopy for deep infiltrating endometriosis: the Register of the Society of European Robotic Gynaecological Surgery].
- Authors: Hanssens S, Nisolle M, Leguevaque P, Neme RM, Cela V, Barton-Smith P, Hébert T, Collinet P
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Robotic-Assisted Conservative Excision of Retrocervical-Rectal Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis: A Case Series.
- Authors: Ercoli A, Bassi E, Ferrari S, Surico D, Fagotti A, Fanfani F, De Cicco F, Surico N, Scambia G
- Issue date: 2017 Jul - Aug
- Do we need a robot in endometriosis surgery?
- Authors: Hickman LC, Kotlyar A, Luu TH, Falcone T
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- [Surgical management of deep endometriosis with colorectal involvement: CNGOF-HAS Endometriosis Guidelines].
- Authors: Ballester M, Roman H
- Issue date: 2018 Mar