Reconstruction of critically-sized perineal defect with perforator flap puzzle technique: a case report
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExtensive defects in perineal reconstruction cannot be effectively reconstructed with only a single perforator flap or other conventional techniques. We present a combination of three different types of flaps including pedicled ALT-rectus-vastus lateralis, gracilis-PAP flap and two IGAP flaps as an alternative option for reconstructing a critically-sized perineal defect.
CitationKosutic D. Distal perforator-only propeller (D-POP) anterolateral thigh flap for reconstructions around the knee: 4-year experience. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2019.
JournalCase Reports in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Groin defect reconstruction with perforator flaps: Considerations after a retrospective single-center analysis of 54 consecutive cases.
- Authors: Arvanitakis M, Schlagnitweit P, Franchi A, Fritsche E, Chen YC, Scaglioni MF
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Versatility and "flap efficiency" of pedicled perforator flaps in lower extremity reconstruction.
- Authors: Wong JK, Deek N, Hsu CC, Chen HY, Lin CH, Lin CH
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Perineal reconstruction with multiple perforator flaps based on anatomical divisions.
- Authors: Hong JP, Kim CG, Suh HS, Kim H, Yoon CS, Kim KN
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Perineal and posterior vaginal wall reconstruction with a superior gluteal artery dual perforator-pedicled propeller flap.
- Authors: Ayestaray B, Proske YM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- The combined free partial vastus lateralis with anterolateral thigh perforator flap reconstruction of extensive composite defects.
- Authors: Posch NA, Mureau MA, Flood SJ, Hofer SO
- Issue date: 2005 Dec