First-line trifluridine/tipiracil plus bevacizumab for unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer: SOLSTICE study design
AffiliationSorbonne Universite & Saint-Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTrifluridine/tipiracil (TT) is an orally administered combination of the thymidine-based nucleoside analogue trifluridine and the thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor tipiracil hydrochloride, which increases the bioavailability of cytotoxic trifluridine. Encouraging antitumor activity of first-line TT + bevacizumab (TT-B) has been observed in a Phase II study in patients with unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer ineligible for combination oxaliplatin- or irinotecan-based therapy. Here, we describe the design of SOLSTICE (NCT03869892), an open-label, Phase III trial in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer patients who are not candidates for, or do not require, intensive therapy. The 854 patients were randomized 1:1 to receive first-line TT-B versus capecitabine + bevacizumab. The primary objective is to demonstrate superior progression-free survival with TT-B over capecitabine + bevacizumab. The first patient was enrolled in March 2019.
CitationAndre T, Saunders M, Kanehisa A, Gandossi E, Fougeray R, Amellal NC, et al. First-line trifluridine/tipiracil plus bevacizumab for unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer: SOLSTICE study design. Future Oncol. 2020;16(4):21-9.
- Rationale and design of the TRUSTY study: a randomised, multicentre, open-label phase II/III study of trifluridine/tipiracil plus bevacizumab versus irinotecan, fluoropyrimidine plus bevacizumab as second-line treatment in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer progressive during or following first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy.
- Authors: Yoshino T, Oki E, Nozawa H, Eguchi-Nakajima T, Taniguchi H, Morita S, Takenaka N, Ozawa D, Shirao K
- Issue date: 2018
- Trifluridine/tipiracil plus bevacizumab in patients with untreated metastatic colorectal cancer ineligible for intensive therapy: the randomized TASCO1 study.
- Authors: Van Cutsem E, Danielewicz I, Saunders MP, Pfeiffer P, Argilés G, Borg C, Glynne-Jones R, Punt CJA, Van de Wouw AJ, Fedyanin M, Stroyakovskiy D, Kroening H, Garcia-Alfonso P, Wasan H, Falcone A, Kanehisa A, Egorov A, Aubel P, Amellal N, Moiseenko V
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- The safety and efficacy of trifluridine-tipiracil for metastatic colorectal cancer: A pharmacy perspective.
- Authors: Chan BM, Hochster HS, Lenz HJ
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 21
- TAS-102 plus bevacizumab for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to standard therapies (C-TASK FORCE): an investigator-initiated, open-label, single-arm, multicentre, phase 1/2 study.
- Authors: Kuboki Y, Nishina T, Shinozaki E, Yamazaki K, Shitara K, Okamoto W, Kajiwara T, Matsumoto T, Tsushima T, Mochizuki N, Nomura S, Doi T, Sato A, Ohtsu A, Yoshino T
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Adherence, Dosing, and Managing Toxicities With Trifluridine/Tipiracil (TAS-102).
- Authors: Lee JJ, Chu E
- Issue date: 2017 Jun