A deep learning framework for predicting response to therapy in cancer
Townsend, Paul A
Mills Shaw, KR
Gorgoulis, Vassilis G
AffiliationDepartment of Pathology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA major challenge in cancer treatment is predicting clinical response to anti-cancer drugs on a personalized basis. Using a pharmacogenomics database of 1,001 cancer cell lines, we trained deep neural networks for prediction of drug response and assessed their performance on multiple clinical cohorts. We demonstrate that deep neural networks outperform the current state in machine learning frameworks. We provide a proof of concept for the use of deep neural network-based frameworks to aid precision oncology strategies.
CitationSakellaropoulos T, Vougas K, Narang S, Koinis F, Kotsinas A, Polyzos A, et al. A Deep Learning Framework for Predicting Response to Therapy in Cancer. Cell Rep. 2019;29(11):3367-73 e4.
- Predicting drug response of tumors from integrated genomic profiles by deep neural networks.
- Authors: Chiu YC, Chen HH, Zhang T, Zhang S, Gorthi A, Wang LJ, Huang Y, Chen Y
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 31
- Convolutional Neural Network Can Recognize Drug Resistance of Single Cancer Cells.
- Authors: Yanagisawa K, Toratani M, Asai A, Konno M, Niioka H, Mizushima T, Satoh T, Miyake J, Ogawa K, Vecchione A, Doki Y, Eguchi H, Ishii H
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 30
- RefDNN: a reference drug based neural network for more accurate prediction of anticancer drug resistance.
- Authors: Choi J, Park S, Ahn J
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 5
- Deep learning of mutation-gene-drug relations from the literature.
- Authors: Lee K, Kim B, Choi Y, Kim S, Shin W, Lee S, Park S, Kim S, Tan AC, Kang J
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 25
- Cancer Drug Response Profile scan (CDRscan): A Deep Learning Model That Predicts Drug Effectiveness from Cancer Genomic Signature.
- Authors: Chang Y, Park H, Yang HJ, Lee S, Lee KY, Kim TS, Jung J, Shin JM
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 11