EANO-EURACAN clinical practice guideline for diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of post-pubertal and adult patients with medulloblastoma
van den Bent, M
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Azienda USL, Bologna, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO) and EUropean RAre CANcer (EURACAN) guideline provides recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of post-pubertal and adult patients with medulloblastoma. The guideline is based on the 2016 WHO classification of tumours of the CNS and on scientific developments published since 1980. It aims to provide direction for diagnostic and management decisions, and for limiting unnecessary treatments and cost. In view of the scarcity of data in adults with medulloblastoma, we base our recommendations on adult data when possible, but also include recommendations derived from paediatric data if justified. Our recommendations are a resource for professionals involved in the management of post-pubertal and adult patients with medulloblastoma, for patients and caregivers, and for health-care providers in Europe. The implementation of this guideline requires multidisciplinary structures of care, and defined processes of diagnosis and treatment.
CitationFranceschi E, Hofer S, Brandes AA, Frappaz D, Kortmann RD, Bromberg J, et al. EANO-EURACAN clinical practice guideline for diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of post-pubertal and adult patients with medulloblastoma. Lancet Oncol. 2019;20(12):e715-e28.
- Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology consensus guidelines for the contemporary management of medulloblastoma.
- Authors: Gupta T, Sarkar C, Rajshekhar V, Chatterjee S, Shirsat N, Muzumdar D, Pungavkar S, Chinnaswamy G, Jalali R
- Issue date: 2017 Mar-Apr
- European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of adult astrocytic and oligodendroglial gliomas.
- Authors: Weller M, van den Bent M, Tonn JC, Stupp R, Preusser M, Cohen-Jonathan-Moyal E, Henriksson R, Le Rhun E, Balana C, Chinot O, Bendszus M, Reijneveld JC, Dhermain F, French P, Marosi C, Watts C, Oberg I, Pilkington G, Baumert BG, Taphoorn MJB, Hegi M, Westphal M, Reifenberger G, Soffietti R, Wick W, European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) Task Force on Gliomas.
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Review of the prognostic factors in medulloblastoma of children and adults.
- Authors: Brandes AA, Paris MK
- Issue date: 2004 May
- Management of recurrent medulloblastoma in adult patients: a systematic review and recommendations.
- Authors: Kostaras X, Easaw JC
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- SIOP PODC adapted treatment recommendations for standard-risk medulloblastoma in low and middle income settings.
- Authors: Parkes J, Hendricks M, Ssenyonga P, Mugamba J, Molyneux E, Schouten-van Meeteren A, Qaddoumi I, Fieggen G, Luna-Fineman S, Howard S, Mitra D, Bouffet E, Davidson A, Bailey S, SIOP PODC.
- Issue date: 2015 Apr