Management of adults and children undergoing CAR t-cell therapy: best practice recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE)
AffiliationCHU de Lille, UniversitŽ de Lille, Lille, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChimeric antigen receptor T-cells are a novel class of anti-cancer therapy in which autologous or allogeneic T-cells are engineered to express a chimeric antigen receptor targeting a membrane antigen. In Europe, Tisagenlecleucel (KymriahTM) is approved for the treatment of refractory/relapsed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in children and young adults as well as relapsed/refractory Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma; Axicabtagene ciloleucel (YescartaTM) is approved for the treatment of relapsed/refractory high-grade B-cell Lymphoma and Primary Mediastinal B-cell Lymphoma. Both agents are genetically engineered autologous T-cells targeting CD19. These practical recommendations, prepared under the auspices of the European Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, relate to patient care and supply chain management under the following headings: patient eligibility, screening laboratory tests and imaging and work-up prior to leukapheresis, how to perform leukapheresis, bridging therapy, lymphodepleting conditioning, product receipt and thawing, infusion of chimeric antigen receptor T-cells, short-term complications including cytokine release syndrome and immune effector cell-associated neurotoxicity syndrome, antibiotic prophylaxis, medium-term complications including cytopenias and B-cell aplasia, nursing and psychological patient support, long-term follow-up, post-authorisation safety surveillance, and regulatory issues. These recommendations are not prescriptive and are intended as guidance in the use of this novel therapeutic class.
CitationYakoub-Agha I, Chabannon C, Bader P, Basak GW, Bonig H, Ciceri F, et al. Management of adults and children undergoing CAR t-cell therapy: best practice recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE). Haematologica. 2019.
- [Medium-term follow-up of patients treated with chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR T cells): Recommendations of the Francophone Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (SFGM-TC)].
- Authors: Alsuliman T, Drieu La Rochelle L, Campidelli A, Duléry R, Fayard A, Mamez AC, Mear JB, Schneider PO, Trevet A, Vicente C, Yakoub-Agha I
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Management of adults and children receiving CAR T-cell therapy: 2021 best practice recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE) and the European Haematology Association (EHA).
- Authors: Hayden PJ, Roddie C, Bader P, Basak GW, Bonig H, Bonini C, Chabannon C, Ciceri F, Corbacioglu S, Ellard R, Sanchez-Guijo F, Jäger U, Hildebrandt M, Hudecek M, Kersten MJ, Köhl U, Kuball J, Mielke S, Mohty M, Murray J, Nagler A, Rees J, Rioufol C, Saccardi R, Snowden JA, Styczynski J, Subklewe M, Thieblemont C, Topp M, Ispizua ÁU, Chen D, Vrhovac R, Gribben JG, Kröger N, Einsele H, Yakoub-Agha I
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- [How to perform leukapheresis for procurement of the staring material used for commercial CAR T-cell manufacturing: A consensus from experts convened by the SFGM-TC].
- Authors: Carnoy S, Beaumont JL, Kanouni T, Parquet N, Beauvais D, Hequet O, Kanold J, Ballot C, Mialou V, Reppel L, Damaj G, Yakoub-Agha I, Chabannon C
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Axicabtagene Ciloleucel, an Anti-CD19 Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Therapy for Relapsed or Refractory Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Practical Implications for the Community Oncologist.
- Authors: Jacobson CA, Farooq U, Ghobadi A
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy: Foundational science and clinical knowledge for pharmacy practice.
- Authors: Dushenkov A, Jungsuwadee P
- Issue date: 2019 Jul