A phase I study of ADCT-402 (Loncastuximab Tesirine), a novel pyrrolobenzodiazepine-based antibody-drug conjugate, in relapsed/refractory B-cell Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Radford, John A
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Oncology Division, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: ADCT-402 (loncastuximab tesirine) is an antibody-drug conjugate comprising a CD19-targeting antibody and pyrrolobenzodiazepine dimers. A first-in-human study evaluated the safety and preliminary clinical activity of loncastuximab tesirine in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). PATIENTS AND METHODS: A multicenter, phase I, dose-escalation and dose-expansion study enrolled patients ages ?18 years with relapsed/refractory (R/R) B-cell NHL. Patients received loncastuximab tesirine every 3 weeks at doses assigned by a 3+3 dose-escalation design. Dose escalation was used to assess the safety and tolerability of loncastuximab tesirine to determine the dose for expansion. Secondary objectives evaluated clinical activity, characterized the pharmacokinetic profile, and evaluated antidrug antibodies. RESULTS: During dose escalation, 88 patients with R/R B-cell NHL were treated with loncastuximab tesirine at doses 15 to 200 ?g/kg. Treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) were experienced by 87/88 (98.9%) patients. Most common TEAEs (?20% of patients) were hematologic abnormalities, fatigue, edema, liver test abnormalities, nausea, rash, and dyspnea. Grade ?3 TEAEs (?5% of patients) included hematologic abnormalities, liver test abnormalities, fatigue, and dyspnea. Overall response rate at doses ?120 ?g/kg was 59.4% (41 of 69 patients; 40.6% complete response; 18.8% partial response). Median duration of response, progression-free survival, and overall survival (all doses) were 4.8, 5.5, and 11.6 months, respectively. Drug exposure increased with increasing dose, showing moderate accumulation with multiple doses ?150 ?g/kg. There was no evidence of immunogenicity. CONCLUSIONS: Loncastuximab tesirine had promising activity with acceptable safety in this dose-escalation study. A phase II study with initial dosing at 150 ?g/kg has been initiated based on these results.
CitationKahl BS, Hamadani M, Radford J, Carlo-Stella C, Caimi P, Reid E, et al. A Phase I Study of ADCT-402 (Loncastuximab Tesirine), a Novel Pyrrolobenzodiazepine-Based Antibody-Drug Conjugate, in Relapsed/Refractory B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2019;25(23):6986-94.
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- Loncastuximab tesirine in relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (LOTIS-2): a multicentre, open-label, single-arm, phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Caimi PF, Ai W, Alderuccio JP, Ardeshna KM, Hamadani M, Hess B, Kahl BS, Radford J, Solh M, Stathis A, Zinzani PL, Havenith K, Feingold J, He S, Qin Y, Ungar D, Zhang X, Carlo-Stella C
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Final results of a phase 1 study of loncastuximab tesirine in relapsed/refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Authors: Hamadani M, Radford J, Carlo-Stella C, Caimi PF, Reid E, O'Connor OA, Feingold JM, Ardeshna KM, Townsend W, Solh M, Heffner LT, Ungar D, Wang L, Boni J, Havenith K, Qin Y, Kahl BS
- Issue date: 2021 May 13
- Loncastuximab tesirine, an anti-CD19 antibody-drug conjugate, in relapsed/refractory B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Jain N, Stock W, Zeidan A, Atallah E, McCloskey J, Heffner L, Tomlinson B, Bhatnagar B, Feingold J, Ungar D, Chao G, Zhang X, Qin Y, Havenith K, Kantarjian H, Wieduwilt MJ
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 11
- A phase 1 trial of SGN-CD70A in patients with CD70-positive diffuse large B cell lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Phillips T, Barr PM, Park SI, Kolibaba K, Caimi PF, Chhabra S, Kingsley EC, Boyd T, Chen R, Carret AS, Gartner EM, Li H, Yu C, Smith DC
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Rovalpituzumab tesirine, a DLL3-targeted antibody-drug conjugate, in recurrent small-cell lung cancer: a first-in-human, first-in-class, open-label, phase 1 study.
- Authors: Rudin CM, Pietanza MC, Bauer TM, Ready N, Morgensztern D, Glisson BS, Byers LA, Johnson ML, Burris HA 3rd, Robert F, Han TH, Bheddah S, Theiss N, Watson S, Mathur D, Vennapusa B, Zayed H, Lally S, Strickland DK, Govindan R, Dylla SJ, Peng SL, Spigel DR, SCRX16-001 investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan