Electrochemotherapy and ablative therapies in non-melanoma skin cancer
AffiliationSalford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Hospital, Salford, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlthough surgery and radiotherapy remain the most commonly used treatments for non-melanoma skin cancer, there are a variety of alternatives. Here we discuss the use of electrochemotherapy and ablative treatments and examine the evidence for their effectiveness against a number of non-melanoma skin cancers.
CitationO'Donoghue N, Mowatt D, Sykes AJ. Electrochemotherapy and ablative therapies in non-melanoma skin cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2019 Sep 19.
- European Research on Electrochemotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer (EURECA) project: Results of the treatment of skin cancer.
- Authors: Bertino G, Sersa G, De Terlizzi F, Occhini A, Plaschke CC, Groselj A, Langdon C, Grau JJ, McCaul JA, Heuveling D, Cemazar M, Strojan P, de Bree R, Leemans CR, Wessel I, Gehl J, Benazzo M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Electrochemotherapy for the management of melanoma skin metastasis: a review of the literature and possible combinations with immunotherapy.
- Authors: Queirolo P, Marincola F, Spagnolo F
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Review of current thermal ablation treatment for lung cancer and the potential of electrochemotherapy as a means for treatment of lung tumours.
- Authors: Jahangeer S, Forde P, Soden D, Hinchion J
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Updated standard operating procedures for electrochemotherapy of cutaneous tumours and skin metastases.
- Authors: Gehl J, Sersa G, Matthiessen LW, Muir T, Soden D, Occhini A, Quaglino P, Curatolo P, Campana LG, Kunte C, Clover AJP, Bertino G, Farricha V, Odili J, Dahlstrom K, Benazzo M, Mir LM
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Electrochemotherapy with intravenous bleomycin for advanced non-melanoma skin cancers and for cutaneous and subcutaneous metastases from melanoma.
- Authors: Tomassini GM, Covarelli P, Tomassini MA, Corsi A, Bianchi L, Hansel K, Stingeni L
- Issue date: 2016 Oct