Activity measurements and determination of nuclear decay data of (166)Ho in the MRTDosimetry project
Robinson, Andrew P
AffiliationCEA, LIST, Laboratoire National Henri Becquerel, (LNE-LNHB), 91191, Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHolmium-166 is a high-energy ?--emitter radionuclide (~ 1.8?MeV) with a short half-life (~26.8h) that offers great potential as an alternative to 90Y for the treatment of liver cancer based on radioembolization. The possibility of quantitative Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) imaging of the main ?-ray emission at 80.6?keV, in addition to strong paramagnetic properties suitable for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), complement this therapeutic potential. The present paper describes the measurements carried out in three European radionuclide metrology laboratories for primary standardization of 166Ho and new determinations of X- and ?-ray photon-emission intensities in the framework of the European EMPIR project MRTDosimetry. New half-life measurements were also performed.
CitationBobin C, Bouchard J, Chiste V, Collins SM, Dryak P, Fenwick A, et al. Activity measurements and determination of nuclear decay data of (166)Ho in the MRTDosimetry project. Appl Radiat and Isot. 2019 Jul 29;153:108826.
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Magnetic resonance imaging-based radiation-absorbed dose estimation of 166Ho microspheres in liver radioembolization.
- Authors: Seevinck PR, van de Maat GH, de Wit TC, Vente MA, Nijsen JF, Bakker CJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 1
- Quantitative Monte Carlo-based holmium-166 SPECT reconstruction.
- Authors: Elschot M, Smits ML, Nijsen JF, Lam MG, Zonnenberg BA, van den Bosch MA, Viergever MA, de Jong HW
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- MRI-based biodistribution assessment of holmium-166 poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres after radioembolisation.
- Authors: van de Maat GH, Seevinck PR, Elschot M, Smits ML, de Leeuw H, van Het Schip AD, Vente MA, Zonnenberg BA, de Jong HW, Lam MG, Viergever MA, van den Bosch MA, Nijsen JF, Bakker CJ
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Efficacy of Radioembolization with <sup>166</sup>Ho-Microspheres in Salvage Patients with Liver Metastases: A Phase 2 Study.
- Authors: Prince JF, van den Bosch MAAJ, Nijsen JFW, Smits MLJ, van den Hoven AF, Nikolakopoulos S, Wessels FJ, Bruijnen RCG, Braat MNGJA, Zonnenberg BA, Lam MGEH
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- [<sup>166</sup>Ho]-Loaded poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres
- Authors: Chopra A
- Issue date: 2004