AffiliationDevelopmental Haematopoiesis Group, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, the University of Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe haematopoietic system is established during embryonic life through a series of developmental steps that culminates with the generation of haematopoietic stem cells. Characterisation of the transcriptional network that regulates blood cell emergence has led to the identification of transcription factors essential for this process. Among the many factors wired within this complex regulatory network, ETV2, SCL and RUNX1 are the central components. All three factors are absolutely required for blood cell generation, each one controlling a precise step of specification from the mesoderm germ layer to fully functional blood progenitors. Insight into the transcriptional control of blood cell emergence has been used for devising protocols to generate blood cells de novo, either through reprogramming of somatic cells or through forward programming of pluripotent stem cells. Interestingly, the physiological process of blood cell generation and its laboratory-engineered counterpart have very little in common.
CitationMenegatti S, de Kruijf M, Garcia-Alegria E, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. Transcriptional control of blood cell emergence. FEBS Lett. 2019 Aug 21.
- The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin governs haemogenic competence of yolk sac mesodermal progenitors.
- Authors: Harland LTG, Simon CS, Senft AD, Costello I, Greder L, Imaz-Rosshandler I, Göttgens B, Marioni JC, Bikoff EK, Porcher C, de Bruijn MFTR, Robertson EJ
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Haematopoietic stem and progenitor cells from human pluripotent stem cells.
- Authors: Sugimura R, Jha DK, Han A, Soria-Valles C, da Rocha EL, Lu YF, Goettel JA, Serrao E, Rowe RG, Malleshaiah M, Wong I, Sousa P, Zhu TN, Ditadi A, Keller G, Engelman AN, Snapper SB, Doulatov S, Daley GQ
- Issue date: 2017 May 25
- Human yolk sac-like haematopoiesis generates <i>RUNX1-</i>, <i>GFI1-</i> and/or <i>GFI</i> <i>1B-</i>dependent blood and <i>SOX17</i>-positive endothelium.
- Authors: Bruveris FF, Ng ES, Leitoguinho AR, Motazedian A, Vlahos K, Sourris K, Mayberry R, McDonald P, Azzola L, Davidson NM, Oshlack A, Stanley EG, Elefanty AG
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 29
- Cloche is a bHLH-PAS transcription factor that drives haemato-vascular specification.
- Authors: Reischauer S, Stone OA, Villasenor A, Chi N, Jin SW, Martin M, Lee MT, Fukuda N, Marass M, Witty A, Fiddes I, Kuo T, Chung WS, Salek S, Lerrigo R, Alsiö J, Luo S, Tworus D, Augustine SM, Mucenieks S, Nystedt B, Giraldez AJ, Schroth GP, Andersson O, Stainier DY
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 14
- SCL/TAL1 in Hematopoiesis and Cellular Reprogramming.
- Authors: Hoang T, Lambert JA, Martin R
- Issue date: 2016