Definition of synchronous oligo-metastatic non-small cell lung cancer - a consensus report
van Schil, P
de Ruysscher, D
AffiliationDepartment of Pulmonary Diseases, , Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA 70-year-old man reported progressive weight loss, fatigue and a generalised rash. The rash was consistent with necrolytic migratory erythema, further investigations were performed and the patient was diagnosed with a mass in the tail of the pancreas, in keeping with a localised glucagonoma. Somatostatin analogue therapy was started for symptom control, leading to complete resolution of the skin rash and an improvement in constitutional symptoms. Subsequently, the pancreatic lesion was excised, and pathology assessment confirmed the diagnosis of well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumour with high expression of glucagon compatible with glucagonoma.
CitationDingemans AC, Hendriks LEL, Berghmans T, Levy A, Hasan B, Faivre-Finn C, et al. Definition of synchronous oligo-metastatic non-small cell lung cancer - a consensus report. J Thorac Oncol. 2019 Aug 6.
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Defining Synchronous Oligometastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Giaj-Levra N, Giaj-Levra M, Durieux V, Novello S, Besse B, Hasan B, Hendriks LE, Levy A, Dingemans AC, Berghmans T, European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Lung Cancer Group.
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 11
- PET-CT for assessing mediastinal lymph node involvement in patients with suspected resectable non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Schmidt-Hansen M, Baldwin DR, Hasler E, Zamora J, Abraira V, Roqué I Figuls M
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 13
- Role of FDG-PET scans in staging, response assessment, and follow-up care for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Cuaron J, Dunphy M, Rimner A
- Issue date: 2012
- Combined endobronchial and esophageal endosonography for the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Guideline, in cooperation with the European Respiratory Society (ERS) and the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (ESTS).
- Authors: Vilmann P, Clementsen PF, Colella S, Siemsen M, De Leyn P, Dumonceau JM, Herth FJ, Larghi A, Vazquez-Sequeiros E, Hassan C, Crombag L, Korevaar DA, Konge L, Annema JT
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Metabolic tumor heterogeneity analysis by F-18 FDG PET/CT predicts mediastinal lymph node metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer patients with clinically suspected N2.
- Authors: Pahk K, Chung JH, Yi E, Kim S, Lee SH
- Issue date: 2018 Sep