Valle, Juan W
AffiliationDivision of Surgical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGiven the ubiquity of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the modern era, the incidence of incidentally diagnosed gallbladder cancers (GBCs) is rising. This unique clinical scenario poses specific challenges regarding the role of staging, re-resection, and adjuvant treatment for patients with this disease. This review will address these controversies with the latest published data.
CitationZaidi MY, Abou-Alfa GK, Ethun CG, Shrikhande SV, Goel M, Nervi B, et al. Evaluation and management of incidental gallbladder cancer. Chin Clin Oncol. 2019 Aug;8(4):37.
JournalChinese Clinical Oncology
- Managing the incidentally detected gallbladder cancer: algorithms and controversies.
- Authors: Cavallaro A, Piccolo G, Di Vita M, Zanghì A, Cardì F, Di Mattia P, Barbera G, Borzì L, Panebianco V, Di Carlo I, Cavallaro M, Cappellani A
- Issue date: 2014
- Gallbladder cancer (GBC): 10-year experience at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre (MSKCC).
- Authors: Duffy A, Capanu M, Abou-Alfa GK, Huitzil D, Jarnagin W, Fong Y, D'Angelica M, Dematteo RP, Blumgart LH, O'Reilly EM
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 1
- Incidental gallbladder cancer during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: managing an unexpected finding.
- Authors: Cavallaro A, Piccolo G, Panebianco V, Lo Menzo E, Berretta M, Zanghì A, Di Vita M, Cappellani A
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 14
- Systematic review of management of incidental gallbladder cancer after cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Søreide K, Guest RV, Harrison EM, Kendall TJ, Garden OJ, Wigmore SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Gallbladder Cancer: Diagnosis, Surgical Management, and Adjuvant Therapies.
- Authors: Hickman L, Contreras C
- Issue date: 2019 Apr