Valle, Juan W
AffiliationDivision of Surgical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGiven the ubiquity of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the modern era, the incidence of incidentally diagnosed gallbladder cancers (GBCs) is rising. This unique clinical scenario poses specific challenges regarding the role of staging, re-resection, and adjuvant treatment for patients with this disease. This review will address these controversies with the latest published data.
CitationZaidi MY, Abou-Alfa GK, Ethun CG, Shrikhande SV, Goel M, Nervi B, et al. Evaluation and management of incidental gallbladder cancer. Chin Clin Oncol. 2019 Aug;8(4):37.
JournalChinese Clinical Oncology
- Managing the incidentally detected gallbladder cancer: algorithms and controversies.
- Authors: Cavallaro A, Piccolo G, Di Vita M, Zanghì A, Cardì F, Di Mattia P, Barbera G, Borzì L, Panebianco V, Di Carlo I, Cavallaro M, Cappellani A
- Issue date: 2014
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine plus cisplatin followed by radical liver resection versus immediate radical liver resection alone with or without adjuvant chemotherapy in incidentally detected gallbladder carcinoma after simple cholecystectomy or in front of radical resection of BTC (ICC/ECC) - a phase III study of the German registry of incidental gallbladder carcinoma platform (GR)- the AIO/ CALGP/ ACO- GAIN-trial.
- Authors: Goetze TO, Bechstein WO, Bankstahl US, Keck T, Königsrainer A, Lang SA, Pauligk C, Piso P, Vogel A, Al-Batran SE
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 14
- Gallbladder cancer (GBC): 10-year experience at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre (MSKCC).
- Authors: Duffy A, Capanu M, Abou-Alfa GK, Huitzil D, Jarnagin W, Fong Y, D'Angelica M, Dematteo RP, Blumgart LH, O'Reilly EM
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 1
- Systematic review of management of incidental gallbladder cancer after cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Søreide K, Guest RV, Harrison EM, Kendall TJ, Garden OJ, Wigmore SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Gallbladder Cancer: Diagnosis, Surgical Management, and Adjuvant Therapies.
- Authors: Hickman L, Contreras C
- Issue date: 2019 Apr