First-line immune checkpoint blockade for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: travelling at the speed of light
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe development of PD-1, PD-L1 and CTLA-4 immune checkpoint inhibitors (CPI) has revolutionised the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The potential of immunotherapy (IO) to induce durable responses for a subset of patients represents a therapeutic milestone After the approval of front-line single agent pembrolizumab, IO-based combinations are rapidly entering clinical practice resulting in a fast change of treatment algorithms for advanced NSCLC. We hereby summarize the recent first-line phase 3 trials evaluating PD-(L)1 blockade plus chemotherapy (ChT) and PD-1 plus CTLA-4 CPI for advanced NSCLC and provide potential treatment recommendations.
CitationAckermann CJ, Reck M, Paz-Ares L, Barlesi F, Califano R. First-line immune checkpoint blockade for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: travelling at the speed of light. Lung Cancer. 2019;134:245-53.
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors, alone or in combination with chemotherapy, as first-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer. A systematic review and network meta-analysis.
- Authors: Dafni U, Tsourti Z, Vervita K, Peters S
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Puri S, Shafique M, Gray JE
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 21
- Immunotherapy Alone or in Combination with Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Saxena P, Singh PK, Malik PS, Singh N
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 27
- Rational application of the first-line chemotherapy and immune checkpoint inhibitors in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis.
- Authors: Cao R, Ma JT, Zhang SL, Sun L, Liu Y, Zhang XY, Jing W, Huang LT, Han CB
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Immune-checkpoint inhibitor plus chemotherapy versus conventional chemotherapy for first-line treatment in advanced non-small cell lung carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Zhou Y, Chen C, Zhang X, Fu S, Xue C, Ma Y, Fang W, Yang Y, Hou X, Huang Y, Zhao H, Hong S, Zhang L
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 22