Cysteine cathepsin protease inhibition: an update on its diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic potential in cancer
AffiliationInstitute of Molecular Medicine, Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Trubetskaya str. 8-2, 119991 Moscow, Russia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn keeping with recent developments in basic research; the importance of the Cathepsins as targets in cancer therapy have taken on increasing importance and given rise to a number of key areas of interest in the clinical setting. In keeping with driving basic research in this area in a translational direction; recent findings have given rise to a number of exciting developments in the areas of cancer diagnosis; prognosis and therapeutic development. As a fast-moving area of research; the focus of this review brings together the latest findings and highlights the translational significance of these developments.
CitationSoond SM, Kozhevnikova MV, Townsend PA, Zamyatnin AA, Jr. Cysteine cathepsin protease inhibition: an update on its diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic potential in cancer. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2019 Jun 11;12(2).
- Cysteine cathepsins as therapeutic targets in inflammatory diseases.
- Authors: Vizovišek M, Vidak E, Javoršek U, Mikhaylov G, Bratovš A, Turk B
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Cysteine cathepsin activity suppresses osteoclastogenesis of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in breast cancer.
- Authors: Edgington-Mitchell LE, Rautela J, Duivenvoorden HM, Jayatilleke KM, van der Linden WA, Verdoes M, Bogyo M, Parker BS
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 29
- Differential Impact of Cysteine Cathepsins on Genetic Mouse Models of De novo Carcinogenesis: Cathepsin B as Emerging Therapeutic Target.
- Authors: Reinheckel T, Peters C, Krüger A, Turk B, Vasiljeva O
- Issue date: 2012
- Cysteine cathepsin proteases: regulators of cancer progression and therapeutic response.
- Authors: Olson OC, Joyce JA
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Toward understanding recurrent meningioma: the potential role of lysosomal cysteine proteases and their inhibitors.
- Authors: Lah TT, Nanni I, Trinkaus M, Metellus P, Dussert C, De Ridder L, Rajcević U, Blejec A, Martin PM
- Issue date: 2010 May