Cysteine cathepsin protease inhibition: an update on its diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic potential in cancer
AffiliationInstitute of Molecular Medicine, Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Trubetskaya str. 8-2, 119991 Moscow, Russia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn keeping with recent developments in basic research; the importance of the Cathepsins as targets in cancer therapy have taken on increasing importance and given rise to a number of key areas of interest in the clinical setting. In keeping with driving basic research in this area in a translational direction; recent findings have given rise to a number of exciting developments in the areas of cancer diagnosis; prognosis and therapeutic development. As a fast-moving area of research; the focus of this review brings together the latest findings and highlights the translational significance of these developments.
CitationSoond SM, Kozhevnikova MV, Townsend PA, Zamyatnin AA, Jr. Cysteine cathepsin protease inhibition: an update on its diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic potential in cancer. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2019 Jun 11;12(2).
- 'Patchiness' and basic cancer research: unravelling the proteases.
- Authors: Soond SM, Kozhevnikova MV, Zamyatnin AA Jr
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Differential Impact of Cysteine Cathepsins on Genetic Mouse Models of De novo Carcinogenesis: Cathepsin B as Emerging Therapeutic Target.
- Authors: Reinheckel T, Peters C, Krüger A, Turk B, Vasiljeva O
- Issue date: 2012
- Cysteine cathepsin activity suppresses osteoclastogenesis of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in breast cancer.
- Authors: Edgington-Mitchell LE, Rautela J, Duivenvoorden HM, Jayatilleke KM, van der Linden WA, Verdoes M, Bogyo M, Parker BS
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 29
- Cysteine cathepsin proteases: regulators of cancer progression and therapeutic response.
- Authors: Olson OC, Joyce JA
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Cathepsin S: therapeutic, diagnostic, and prognostic potential.
- Authors: Wilkinson RD, Williams R, Scott CJ, Burden RE
- Issue date: 2015 Aug