Nothing is impossible: radiation induced angiosarcoma of breast in a male patient
AffiliationDepartment of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester M204BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBreast cancer in men is rare and only about 390 men in the UK are diagnosed with breast cancer each year with an incidence rate in the UK of 1.5 cases per 100 000 men. In addition, the increased use of radiotherapy for management of breast cancer has led to a reported increase of radiation induced angiosarcomas (RIAS) with an incidence of 0.05-0.3%. Here we report a unique and extremely rare case of RIAS of breast in a male patient. To our knowledge this is the only case in the literature of a radiation induced angiosarcoma of the breast in a male.
CitationTsapralis N, Vlachogiorgos A, Pham H, Mowatt D. Nothing is impossible: radiation induced angiosarcoma of breast in a male patient. J Surg Case Rep. 2019 May;2019(5):rjz158.
JournalJournal of Surgical Case Reports
- A Case Report of Post-Radiotherapy c-MYC-Positive Angiosarcoma of the Breast.
- Authors: Retter E, Benn CA, Maske C, Rapoport BL
- Issue date: 2022 Jan-Apr
- Recurring radiation-induced angiosarcoma of the breast that was treated with paclitaxel chemotherapy: a case report.
- Authors: Suzuki Y, Taniguchi K, Hatono M, Kajiwara Y, Abe Y, Kawada K, Tsukioki T, Kochi M, Nishiyama K, Iwamoto T, Ikeda H, Shien T, Taira N, Tabata M, Yanai H, Doihara H
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 16
- Microsatellite-Stable Radiation-Induced Angiosarcoma after Breast-Conserving Surgery: A Case Report.
- Authors: Ishizuka Y, Horimoto Y, Onagi H, Arakawa A, Saito M
- Issue date: 2020 Sep-Dec
- Radiation induced angiosarcoma of the breast: case series and review of the literature.
- Authors: Amajoud Z, Vertongen AS, Weytens R, Hauspy J
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Nine breast angiosarcomas after conservative treatment for breast carcinoma: a survey from French comprehensive Cancer Centers.
- Authors: Marchal C, Weber B, de Lafontan B, Resbeut M, Mignotte H, du Chatelard PP, Cutuli B, Reme-Saumon M, Broussier-Leroux A, Chaplain G, Lesaunier F, Dilhuydy JM, Lagrange JL
- Issue date: 1999 Apr 1