Nothing is impossible: radiation induced angiosarcoma of breast in a male patient
AffiliationDepartment of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester M204BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBreast cancer in men is rare and only about 390 men in the UK are diagnosed with breast cancer each year with an incidence rate in the UK of 1.5 cases per 100 000 men. In addition, the increased use of radiotherapy for management of breast cancer has led to a reported increase of radiation induced angiosarcomas (RIAS) with an incidence of 0.05-0.3%. Here we report a unique and extremely rare case of RIAS of breast in a male patient. To our knowledge this is the only case in the literature of a radiation induced angiosarcoma of the breast in a male.
CitationTsapralis N, Vlachogiorgos A, Pham H, Mowatt D. Nothing is impossible: radiation induced angiosarcoma of breast in a male patient. J Surg Case Rep. 2019 May;2019(5):rjz158.
JournalJournal of Surgical Case Reports
- Recurring radiation-induced angiosarcoma of the breast that was treated with paclitaxel chemotherapy: a case report.
- Authors: Suzuki Y, Taniguchi K, Hatono M, Kajiwara Y, Abe Y, Kawada K, Tsukioki T, Kochi M, Nishiyama K, Iwamoto T, Ikeda H, Shien T, Taira N, Tabata M, Yanai H, Doihara H
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 16
- Microsatellite-Stable Radiation-Induced Angiosarcoma after Breast-Conserving Surgery: A Case Report.
- Authors: Ishizuka Y, Horimoto Y, Onagi H, Arakawa A, Saito M
- Issue date: 2020 Sep-Dec
- Radiation induced angiosarcoma of the breast: case series and review of the literature.
- Authors: Amajoud Z, Vertongen AS, Weytens R, Hauspy J
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Breast Angiosarcoma Surveillance Study: UK national audit of management and outcomes of angiosarcoma of the breast and chest wall.
- Authors: Banks J, George J, Potter S, Gardiner MD, Ives C, Shaaban AM, Singh J, Sherriff J, Hallissey MT, Horgan K, Harnett A, Desai A, Ferguson DJ, Tillett R, Izadi D, Sadideen H, Jain A, Gerrand C, Holcombe C, Hayes A, Teoh V, Wyld L, Breast Angiosarcoma Surveillance Study (BRASS) collaborative .
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 30
- Clinical management of secondary angiosarcoma after breast conservation therapy.
- Authors: Zemanova M, Machalekova K, Sandorova M, Boljesikova E, Skultetyova M, Svec J, Zeman A
- Issue date: 2014 Jan