Efficacy and safety of a bortezomib and reduced-intensity cytarabine-based protocol, TMC ALLR1, for relapsed childhood ALL in India
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatric Haematology Oncology, Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre, Tata Medical Centre, Kolkata, India
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe feasibility of bortezomib (BZB) in induction and reduced cytarabine doses in intensification was evaluated in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (rALL) at a single centre in India. Of 55 children with rALL, 23 received supportive care and 7 refused treatment, with a median survival of 2 (interquartile range 1-6) months. Twenty-two (88%) of 25 children who were treated achieved second remission and 9 (69%) of 13 had end-of-induction minimal residual disease of <10-4 . The lower cytarabine dose was associated with decreased hospitalisation. One-year event-free and overall survival for the treated group was 74á7% (95% confidence interval 52-88) and 79á6% (58-91) respectively.
CitationRoy P, Islam R, Saha D, Gogoi M, Kumar Mishra D, Arora N, et al. Efficacy and safety of a bortezomib and reduced-intensity cytarabine-based protocol, TMC ALLR1, for relapsed childhood ALL in India. Br J Haematol. 2019 Jun 5.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- The combination of bortezomib with chemotherapy to treat relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia of childhood.
- Authors: Bertaina A, Vinti L, Strocchio L, Gaspari S, Caruso R, Algeri M, Coletti V, Gurnari C, Romano M, Cefalo MG, Girardi K, Trevisan V, Bertaina V, Merli P, Locatelli F
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Treatment reduction for children and young adults with low-risk acute lymphoblastic leukaemia defined by minimal residual disease (UKALL 2003): a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Vora A, Goulden N, Wade R, Mitchell C, Hancock J, Hough R, Rowntree C, Richards S
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Outcomes of patients with childhood B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with late bone marrow relapses: long-term follow-up of the ALLR3 open-label randomised trial.
- Authors: Parker C, Krishnan S, Hamadeh L, Irving JAE, Kuiper RP, Révész T, Hoogerbrugge P, Hancock J, Sutton R, Moorman AV, Saha V
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- A treatment protocol for infants younger than 1 year with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (Interfant-99): an observational study and a multicentre randomised trial.
- Authors: Pieters R, Schrappe M, De Lorenzo P, Hann I, De Rossi G, Felice M, Hovi L, LeBlanc T, Szczepanski T, Ferster A, Janka G, Rubnitz J, Silverman L, Stary J, Campbell M, Li CK, Mann G, Suppiah R, Biondi A, Vora A, Valsecchi MG
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 21
- Dose intensification of daunorubicin and cytarabine during treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 19802.
- Authors: Stock W, Johnson JL, Stone RM, Kolitz JE, Powell BL, Wetzler M, Westervelt P, Marcucci G, DeAngelo DJ, Vardiman JW, McDonnell D, Mrózek K, Bloomfield CD, Larson RA
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 1