Efficacy and safety of a bortezomib and reduced-intensity cytarabine-based protocol, TMC ALLR1, for relapsed childhood ALL in India
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatric Haematology Oncology, Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre, Tata Medical Centre, Kolkata, India
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe feasibility of bortezomib (BZB) in induction and reduced cytarabine doses in intensification was evaluated in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (rALL) at a single centre in India. Of 55 children with rALL, 23 received supportive care and 7 refused treatment, with a median survival of 2 (interquartile range 1-6) months. Twenty-two (88%) of 25 children who were treated achieved second remission and 9 (69%) of 13 had end-of-induction minimal residual disease of <10-4 . The lower cytarabine dose was associated with decreased hospitalisation. One-year event-free and overall survival for the treated group was 74á7% (95% confidence interval 52-88) and 79á6% (58-91) respectively.
CitationRoy P, Islam R, Saha D, Gogoi M, Kumar Mishra D, Arora N, et al. Efficacy and safety of a bortezomib and reduced-intensity cytarabine-based protocol, TMC ALLR1, for relapsed childhood ALL in India. Br J Haematol. 2019 Jun 5.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- The combination of bortezomib with chemotherapy to treat relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia of childhood.
- Authors: Bertaina A, Vinti L, Strocchio L, Gaspari S, Caruso R, Algeri M, Coletti V, Gurnari C, Romano M, Cefalo MG, Girardi K, Trevisan V, Bertaina V, Merli P, Locatelli F
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Treatment reduction for children and young adults with low-risk acute lymphoblastic leukaemia defined by minimal residual disease (UKALL 2003): a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Vora A, Goulden N, Wade R, Mitchell C, Hancock J, Hough R, Rowntree C, Richards S
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Bortezomib reinduction chemotherapy in high-risk ALL in first relapse: a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- Authors: Horton TM, Whitlock JA, Lu X, O'Brien MM, Borowitz MJ, Devidas M, Raetz EA, Brown PA, Carroll WL, Hunger SP
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Augmented post-remission therapy for a minimal residual disease-defined high-risk subgroup of children and young people with clinical standard-risk and intermediate-risk acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (UKALL 2003): a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Vora A, Goulden N, Mitchell C, Hancock J, Hough R, Rowntree C, Moorman AV, Wade R
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Phase I/II trial of clofarabine and cytarabine in children with relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia (AAML0523): a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- Authors: Cooper TM, Razzouk BI, Gerbing R, Alonzo TA, Adlard K, Raetz E, Gamis AS, Perentesis J, Whitlock JA
- Issue date: 2013 Jul