Clinical and dosimetric considerations for Y90: recommendations from an international multidisciplinary working group
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Northwestern University, 676 N. St. Clair, Suite 800, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe TheraSphere Global Dosimetry Steering Committee was formed in 2017 by BTG International to review existing data and address gaps in knowledge related to dosimetry. This committee is comprised of health care providers with diverse areas of expertise and perspectives on radiation dosimetry. The goal of these recommendations is to optimize glass microspheres radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma while accounting for variables including disease presentation, tumour vascularity, liver function, and curative/palliative intent. The recommendations aim to unify glass microsphere users behind standardized dosimetry methodology that is simple, reproducible and supported by clinical data, with the overarching goal of improving clinical outcomes and advancing the knowledge of dosimetry.
CitationSalem R, Padia SA, Lam M, Bell J, Chiesa C, Fowers K, et al. Clinical and dosimetric considerations for Y90: recommendations from an international multidisciplinary working group. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2019.
JournalEuropean Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Yttrium-90 Selective Internal Radiation Therapy with Glass Microspheres for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Current and Updated Literature Review.
- Authors: Lee EW, Alanis L, Cho SK, Saab S
- Issue date: 2016 Jul-Aug
- History and Evolution of Yttrium-90 Radioembolization for Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Authors: Saini A, Wallace A, Alzubaidi S, Knuttinen MG, Naidu S, Sheth R, Albadawi H, Oklu R
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 7
- Radioembolization of hepatocarcinoma with (90)Y glass microspheres: development of an individualized treatment planning strategy based on dosimetry and radiobiology.
- Authors: Chiesa C, Mira M, Maccauro M, Spreafico C, Romito R, Morosi C, Camerini T, Carrara M, Pellizzari S, Negri A, Aliberti G, Sposito C, Bhoori S, Facciorusso A, Civelli E, Lanocita R, Padovano B, Migliorisi M, De Nile MC, Seregni E, Marchianò A, Crippa F, Mazzaferro V
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Recommendations for radioembolization of hepatic malignancies using yttrium-90 microsphere brachytherapy: a consensus panel report from the radioembolization brachytherapy oncology consortium.
- Authors: Kennedy A, Nag S, Salem R, Murthy R, McEwan AJ, Nutting C, Benson A 3rd, Espat J, Bilbao JI, Sharma RA, Thomas JP, Coldwell D
- Issue date: 2007 May 1
- Patient Selection and Clinical Outcomes of Y90 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Authors: Wehrenberg-Klee E, Gandhi RT, Ganguli S
- Issue date: 2019 Jun