Adjuvant chemotherapy and outcomes in patients with nodal and resection margin-negative pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdjuvant chemotherapy (AC) following pancreatic carcinoma (PC) resection improves overall survival (OS). A systematic review identified 10 phase-2/3 studies investigating AC in 3644 patients looking at the influence of nodal and resection status. AC significantly improved disease free survival, OS and 5-year odds of death risk. There was greater survival benefit in patients PS 0 and with body/tail tumors. There was a nonsignificant effect in N - ?/N? + patients on OS and no difference between R0/R1 patients.
CitationFlaum N, Hubner RA, Valle JW, Amir E, McNamara MG. Adjuvant chemotherapy and outcomes in patients with nodal and resection margin-negative pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Surg Oncol. 2019.
JournalJournal of Surgical Oncology
- Prognostic impact of para-aortic lymph node metastasis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Murakami Y, Uemura K, Sudo T, Hashimoto Y, Yuasa Y, Sueda T
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Does revision of resection margins based on frozen section improve overall survival following pancreatoduodenectomy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma? A meta-analysis.
- Authors: Barreto SG, Pandanaboyana S, Ironside N, Windsor JA
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Early recurrence of pancreatic cancer after resection and during adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Authors: Fischer R, Breidert M, Keck T, Makowiec F, Lohrmann C, Harder J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar-Apr
- Oncologic outcomes of minimally invasive versus open distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: van Hilst J, Korrel M, de Rooij T, Lof S, Busch OR, Groot Koerkamp B, Kooby DA, van Dieren S, Abu Hilal M, Besselink MG, DIPLOMA study group.
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Influence of resection margins on survival for patients with pancreatic cancer treated by adjuvant chemoradiation and/or chemotherapy in the ESPAC-1 randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Dunn JA, Almond J, Beger HG, Pederzoli P, Bassi C, Dervenis C, Fernandez-Cruz L, Lacaine F, Buckels J, Deakin M, Adab FA, Sutton R, Imrie C, Ihse I, Tihanyi T, Olah A, Pedrazzoli S, Spooner D, Kerr DJ, Friess H, Büchler MW, European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer.
- Issue date: 2001 Dec