Utilization of volumetric magnetic resonance imaging for baseline and surveillance imaging in neuro-oncology
Whitfield, Gillian A
AffiliationDepartment of Neuroradiology, National Cancer Research Institute Metastases and Meningioma subgroup of the Brain Clinical Studies Group and The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust , Liverpool , England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe acquisition of volumetric post-contrast MRI has clear advantages in the interpretation of neuro-oncology studies but has yet to find its way into routine clinical practice beyond planning scans for surgery and radiotherapy. This commentary briefly highlights the benefits of these techniques whilst dispelling some of the perceived disadvantages.
CitationMills SJ, Radon MR, Radon MR, Baird RD, Hanemann CO, Keatley D, et al. Utilization of volumetric magnetic resonance imaging for baseline and surveillance imaging in neuro-oncology. British J Radiol. 2019 Mar 29:20190059.
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- [Towards more precision in the therapy of brain tumors. Possibilities and limits of MRI].
- Authors: Radbruch A, Hattingen E
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Posttreatment evaluation of central nervous system gliomas.
- Authors: Shiroishi MS, Booker MT, Agarwal M, Jain N, Naghi I, Lerner A, Law M
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Magnetic resonance imaging acquisition techniques for radiotherapy planning.
- Authors: Liney GP, Moerland MA
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Brain metastasis growth on preradiosurgical magnetic resonance imaging.
- Authors: Garcia MA, Anwar M, Yu Y, Duriseti S, Merritt B, Nakamura J, Hess C, Theodosopoulos PV, McDermott M, Sneed PK, Braunstein SE
- Issue date: 2018 Nov - Dec
- Clinical PET/MR Imaging in Dementia and Neuro-Oncology.
- Authors: Henriksen OM, Marner L, Law I
- Issue date: 2016 Oct