Utilization of volumetric magnetic resonance imaging for baseline and surveillance imaging in neuro-oncology
Whitfield, Gillian A
AffiliationDepartment of Neuroradiology, National Cancer Research Institute Metastases and Meningioma subgroup of the Brain Clinical Studies Group and The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust , Liverpool , England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe acquisition of volumetric post-contrast MRI has clear advantages in the interpretation of neuro-oncology studies but has yet to find its way into routine clinical practice beyond planning scans for surgery and radiotherapy. This commentary briefly highlights the benefits of these techniques whilst dispelling some of the perceived disadvantages.
CitationMills SJ, Radon MR, Radon MR, Baird RD, Hanemann CO, Keatley D, et al. Utilization of volumetric magnetic resonance imaging for baseline and surveillance imaging in neuro-oncology. British J Radiol. 2019 Mar 29:20190059.
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Magnetic resonance imaging acquisition techniques for radiotherapy planning.
- Authors: Liney GP, Moerland MA
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Automated quantitative tumour response assessment of MRI in neuro-oncology with artificial neural networks: a multicentre, retrospective study.
- Authors: Kickingereder P, Isensee F, Tursunova I, Petersen J, Neuberger U, Bonekamp D, Brugnara G, Schell M, Kessler T, Foltyn M, Harting I, Sahm F, Prager M, Nowosielski M, Wick A, Nolden M, Radbruch A, Debus J, Schlemmer HP, Heiland S, Platten M, von Deimling A, van den Bent MJ, Gorlia T, Wick W, Bendszus M, Maier-Hein KH
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging in live vs. post mortem rat brains.
- Authors: Oguz I, Yaxley R, Budin F, Hoogstoel M, Lee J, Maltbie E, Liu W, Crews FT
- Issue date: 2013
- Radiotherapy Advances in Pediatric Neuro-Oncology.
- Authors: Ludmir EB, Grosshans DR, Woodhouse KD
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 4
- Continuous table acquisition MRI for radiotherapy treatment planning: distortion assessment with a new extended 3D volumetric phantom.
- Authors: Walker A, Liney G, Holloway L, Dowling J, Rivest-Henault D, Metcalfe P
- Issue date: 2015 Apr