The Manchester International Consensus Group recommendations for the management of gynecological cancers in Lynch syndrome
AuthorsCrosbie, Emma J
Evans, D Gareth
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: There are no internationally agreed upon clinical guidelines as to which women with gynecological cancer would benefit from Lynch syndrome screening or how best to manage the risk of gynecological cancer in women with Lynch syndrome. The Manchester International Consensus Group was convened in April 2017 to address this unmet need. The aim of the Group was to develop clear and comprehensive clinical guidance regarding the management of the gynecological sequelae of Lynch syndrome based on existing evidence and expert opinion from medical professionals and patients. METHODS: Stakeholders from Europe and North America worked together over a two-day workshop to achieve consensus on best practice. RESULTS: Guidance was developed in four key areas: (1) whether women with gynecological cancer should be screened for Lynch syndrome and (2) how this should be done, (3) whether there was a role for gynecological surveillance in women at risk of Lynch syndrome, and (4) what preventive measures should be recommended for women with Lynch syndrome to reduce their risk of gynecological cancer. CONCLUSION: This document provides comprehensive clinical guidance that can be referenced by both patients and clinicians so that women with Lynch syndrome can expect and receive appropriate standards of care.
CitationCrosbie EJ, Ryan NAJ, Arends MJ, Bosse T, Burn J, Cornes JM, et al. The Manchester International Consensus Group recommendations for the management of gynecological cancers in Lynch syndrome. Genet Med. 2019.
JournalGenetics in Medicine
- The gynecological surveillance of women with Lynch syndrome in Sweden.
- Authors: Tzortzatos G, Andersson E, Soller M, Askmalm MS, Zagoras T, Georgii-Hemming P, Lindblom A, Tham E, Mints M
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Gynecologic Cancers in Lynch Syndrome/HNPCC.
- Authors: Lu KH, Broaddus RR
- Issue date: 2005
- Lynch Syndrome: A Primer for Urologists and Panel Recommendations.
- Authors: Mork M, Hubosky SG, Rouprêt M, Margulis V, Raman J, Lotan Y, O'Brien T, You N, Shariat SF, Matin SF
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- The prevalence of Lynch syndrome in women with endometrial cancer: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Ryan NAJ, Blake D, Cabrera-Dandy M, Glaire MA, Evans DG, Crosbie EJ
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 16
- Recommendations for the care of individuals with an inherited predisposition to Lynch syndrome: a systematic review.
- Authors: Lindor NM, Petersen GM, Hadley DW, Kinney AY, Miesfeldt S, Lu KH, Lynch P, Burke W, Press N
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 27