Sunitinib in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: update of safety data.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences/Department of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAIM: To describe the long-term safety of sunitinib in patients with progressive, well-differentiated, advanced/metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. PATIENTS & METHODS: Sunitinib- and placebo-treated patients from the Phase III study continued to receive sunitinib (37.5 mg on a continuous daily-dosing regimen) in two open-label extension studies. RESULTS: Median (range) treatment exposure: 30.2 (0.7-269.4) and 87.1 (3.9-319.4) weeks for medium-term (n = 41) and long-term-treated (n = 61) populations, respectively. All patients experienced ?1 adverse event (AE); 47 (45.6%) reported serious AEs. Common all-causality AEs: diarrhea (63.1%); neutropenia (43.7%); abdominal pain (40.8%). Fifteen (14.6%) patients discontinued treatment due to treatment-related AEs. CONCLUSION: The safety of extended sunitinib treatment was consistent with the known safety profile of sunitinib in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
CitationValle JW, Borbath I, Rosbrook B, Fernandez K, Raymond E. Sunitinib in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: update of safety data. Future Oncol. 2019 Jan 31.
- Efficacy and Safety of Sunitinib in Patients with Well-Differentiated Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumours.
- Authors: Raymond E, Kulke MH, Qin S, Yu X, Schenker M, Cubillo A, Lou W, Tomasek J, Thiis-Evensen E, Xu JM, Croitoru AE, Khasraw M, Sedlackova E, Borbath I, Ruff P, Oberstein PE, Ito T, Jia L, Hammel P, Shen L, Shrikhande SV, Shen Y, Sufliarsky J, Khan GN, Morizane C, Galdy S, Khosravan R, Fernandez KC, Rosbrook B, Fazio N
- Issue date: 2018
- Efficacy and safety of sunitinib in Japanese patients with progressive, advanced/metastatic, well-differentiated, unresectable pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: final analyses from a Phase II study.
- Authors: Ito T, Tori M, Hashigaki S, Kimura N, Sato K, Ohki E, Sawaki A, Okusaka T
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 5
- Phase II study of sunitinib in Japanese patients with unresectable or metastatic, well-differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor.
- Authors: Ito T, Okusaka T, Nishida T, Yamao K, Igarashi H, Morizane C, Kondo S, Mizuno N, Hara K, Sawaki A, Hashigaki S, Kimura N, Murakami M, Ohki E, Chao RC, Imamura M
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Real-world use of sunitinib in Japanese patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: results from a post-marketing surveillance study.
- Authors: Sato K, Toyoshima Y, Moriyama S, Endo Y, Ito T, Ohki E
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Patient-Reported Outcomes and Quality of Life with Sunitinib Versus Placebo for Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: Results From an International Phase III Trial.
- Authors: Vinik A, Bottomley A, Korytowsky B, Bang YJ, Raoul JL, Valle JW, Metrakos P, Hörsch D, Mundayat R, Reisman A, Wang Z, Chao RC, Raymond E
- Issue date: 2016 Dec