Sunitinib in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: update of safety data.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences/Department of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAIM: To describe the long-term safety of sunitinib in patients with progressive, well-differentiated, advanced/metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. PATIENTS & METHODS: Sunitinib- and placebo-treated patients from the Phase III study continued to receive sunitinib (37.5 mg on a continuous daily-dosing regimen) in two open-label extension studies. RESULTS: Median (range) treatment exposure: 30.2 (0.7-269.4) and 87.1 (3.9-319.4) weeks for medium-term (n = 41) and long-term-treated (n = 61) populations, respectively. All patients experienced ?1 adverse event (AE); 47 (45.6%) reported serious AEs. Common all-causality AEs: diarrhea (63.1%); neutropenia (43.7%); abdominal pain (40.8%). Fifteen (14.6%) patients discontinued treatment due to treatment-related AEs. CONCLUSION: The safety of extended sunitinib treatment was consistent with the known safety profile of sunitinib in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
CitationValle JW, Borbath I, Rosbrook B, Fernandez K, Raymond E. Sunitinib in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: update of safety data. Future Oncol. 2019 Jan 31.
- Dose and schedule modification are required for long-term continuation of sunitinib in Japanese patients with advanced pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- Authors: Lee L, Ito T, Igarashi H, Miki M, Fujimori N, Kawabe K, Jensen RT, Ogawa Y
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Efficacy and Safety of Sunitinib in Patients with Well-Differentiated Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumours.
- Authors: Raymond E, Kulke MH, Qin S, Yu X, Schenker M, Cubillo A, Lou W, Tomasek J, Thiis-Evensen E, Xu JM, Croitoru AE, Khasraw M, Sedlackova E, Borbath I, Ruff P, Oberstein PE, Ito T, Jia L, Hammel P, Shen L, Shrikhande SV, Shen Y, Sufliarsky J, Khan GN, Morizane C, Galdy S, Khosravan R, Fernandez KC, Rosbrook B, Fazio N
- Issue date: 2018
- Efficacy and safety of sunitinib in Japanese patients with progressive, advanced/metastatic, well-differentiated, unresectable pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: final analyses from a Phase II study.
- Authors: Ito T, Tori M, Hashigaki S, Kimura N, Sato K, Ohki E, Sawaki A, Okusaka T
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 1
- Sunitinib malate for the treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- Authors: Raymond E, Dahan L, Raoul JL, Bang YJ, Borbath I, Lombard-Bohas C, Valle J, Metrakos P, Smith D, Vinik A, Chen JS, Hörsch D, Hammel P, Wiedenmann B, Van Cutsem E, Patyna S, Lu DR, Blanckmeister C, Chao R, Ruszniewski P
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 10
- Pharmacogenomic analyses of sunitinib in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- Authors: Fazio N, Martini JF, Croitoru AE, Schenker M, Li S, Rosbrook B, Fernandez K, Tomasek J, Thiis-Evensen E, Kulke M, Raymond E
- Issue date: 2019 Jun