Artificial intelligence in drug design-the storm before the calm?
AuthorsJordan, Allan M
AffiliationDrug Discovery Unit, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractArtificial intelligence in drug design in experiencing a wave of excitement not seen since the emergence of computational chemistry in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Apparently failing to learn the lessons of recent history, we are promised imminent and pervasive solutions to the ills of drug design and significant increases in productivity as we seek to deliver innovative new therapeutics. However, do significant issues remain to be answered before AI enters the day-to-day toolbox of the practicing medicinal chemist?
CitationJordan AM. Artificial intelligence in drug design-the storm before the calm? ACS Med Chem Lett. 2018 Dec 13;9(12):1150-2.
JournalACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Artificial intelligence: A joint narrative on potential use in pediatric stem and immune cell therapies and regenerative medicine.
- Authors: Sniecinski I, Seghatchian J
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Can we accelerate medicinal chemistry by augmenting the chemist with Big Data and artificial intelligence?
- Authors: Griffen EJ, Dossetter AG, Leach AG, Montague S
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Chemists: AI Is Here; Unite To Get the Benefits.
- Authors: Griffen EJ, Dossetter AG, Leach AG
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 27
- [Preconceived ideas about artificial intelligence].
- Authors: Benhamou S
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Future Direction for Using Artificial Intelligence to Predict and Manage Hypertension.
- Authors: Krittanawong C, Bomback AS, Baber U, Bangalore S, Messerli FH, Wilson Tang WH
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 6