Molecular evolution of early-onset prostate cancer identifies molecular risk markers and clinical trajectories.
Bristow, Robert G
AffiliationDivision of Epigenomics and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIdentifying the earliest somatic changes in prostate cancer can give important insights into tumor evolution and aids in stratifying high- from low-risk disease. We integrated whole genome, transcriptome and methylome analysis of early-onset prostate cancers (diagnosis ?55 years). Characterization across 292 prostate cancer genomes revealed age-related genomic alterations and a clock-like enzymatic-driven mutational process contributing to the earliest mutations in prostate cancer patients. Our integrative analysis identified four molecular subgroups, including a particularly aggressive subgroup with recurrent duplications associated with increased expression of ESRP1, which we validate in 12,000 tissue microarray tumors. Finally, we combined the patterns of molecular co-occurrence and risk-based subgroup information to deconvolve the molecular and clinical trajectories of prostate cancer from single patient samples.
CitationGerhauser C, Favero F, Risch T, Simon R, Feuerbach L, Assenov Y, et al. Molecular evolution of early-onset prostate cancer identifies molecular risk markers and clinical trajectories. Cancer Cell. 2018 Dec 10;34(6):996-1011 e8.
- Initiation and Evolution of Early Onset Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Russo JW, Balk SP
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 10
- A comparison of isolated circulating tumor cells and tissue biopsies using whole-genome sequencing in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Jiang R, Lu YT, Ho H, Li B, Chen JF, Lin M, Li F, Wu K, Wu H, Lichterman J, Wan H, Lu CL, OuYang W, Ni M, Wang L, Li G, Lee T, Zhang X, Yang J, Rettig M, Chung LW, Yang H, Li KC, Hou Y, Tseng HR, Hou S, Xu X, Wang J, Posadas EM
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 29
- The Proteogenomic Landscape of Curable Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Sinha A, Huang V, Livingstone J, Wang J, Fox NS, Kurganovs N, Ignatchenko V, Fritsch K, Donmez N, Heisler LE, Shiah YJ, Yao CQ, Alfaro JA, Volik S, Lapuk A, Fraser M, Kron K, Murison A, Lupien M, Sahinalp C, Collins CC, Tetu B, Masoomian M, Berman DM, van der Kwast T, Bristow RG, Kislinger T, Boutros PC
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 18
- Molecular profiling of prostatic acinar morphogenesis identifies PDCD4 and KLF6 as tissue architecture-specific prognostic markers in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Li CR, Su JJ, Wang WY, Lee MT, Wang TY, Jiang KY, Li CF, Hsu JM, Chen CK, Chen M, Jiang SS, Weaver VM, Tsai KK
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- A novel non-canonical Wnt signature for prostate cancer aggressiveness.
- Authors: Sandsmark E, Hansen AF, Selnæs KM, Bertilsson H, Bofin AM, Wright AJ, Viset T, Richardsen E, Drabløs F, Bathen TF, Tessem MB, Rye MB
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 7