Molecular evolution of early-onset prostate cancer identifies molecular risk markers and clinical trajectories.
Klimczak, L J
Stutz, A M
Bottcher, L M
Hendriksen, J D
Warnatz, H J
Schmitz, E M
Henry, G H
Yamaguchi, T N
Strand, D W
Bristow, Robert G
Boutros, P C
von K C
Yaspo, M L
Korbel, J O
AffiliationDivision of Epigenomics and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIdentifying the earliest somatic changes in prostate cancer can give important insights into tumor evolution and aids in stratifying high- from low-risk disease. We integrated whole genome, transcriptome and methylome analysis of early-onset prostate cancers (diagnosis ?55 years). Characterization across 292 prostate cancer genomes revealed age-related genomic alterations and a clock-like enzymatic-driven mutational process contributing to the earliest mutations in prostate cancer patients. Our integrative analysis identified four molecular subgroups, including a particularly aggressive subgroup with recurrent duplications associated with increased expression of ESRP1, which we validate in 12,000 tissue microarray tumors. Finally, we combined the patterns of molecular co-occurrence and risk-based subgroup information to deconvolve the molecular and clinical trajectories of prostate cancer from single patient samples.
CitationGerhauser C, Favero F, Risch T, Simon R, Feuerbach L, Assenov Y, et al. Molecular evolution of early-onset prostate cancer identifies molecular risk markers and clinical trajectories. Cancer Cell. 2018 Dec 10;34(6):996-1011 e8.
- Initiation and Evolution of Early Onset Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Russo JW, Balk SP
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 10
- Integration of copy number and transcriptomics provides risk stratification in prostate cancer: A discovery and validation cohort study.
- Authors: Ross-Adams H, Lamb AD, Dunning MJ, Halim S, Lindberg J, Massie CM, Egevad LA, Russell R, Ramos-Montoya A, Vowler SL, Sharma NL, Kay J, Whitaker H, Clark J, Hurst R, Gnanapragasam VJ, Shah NC, Warren AY, Cooper CS, Lynch AG, Stark R, Mills IG, Grönberg H, Neal DE, CamCaP Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Sporadic Early-Onset Diffuse Gastric Cancers Have High Frequency of Somatic CDH1 Alterations, but Low Frequency of Somatic RHOA Mutations Compared With Late-Onset Cancers.
- Authors: Cho SY, Park JW, Liu Y, Park YS, Kim JH, Yang H, Um H, Ko WR, Lee BI, Kwon SY, Ryu SW, Kwon CH, Park DY, Lee JH, Lee SI, Song KS, Hur H, Han SU, Chang H, Kim SJ, Kim BS, Yook JH, Yoo MW, Kim BS, Lee IS, Kook MC, Thiessen N, He A, Stewart C, Dunford A, Kim J, Shih J, Saksena G, Cherniack AD, Schumacher S, Weiner AT, Rosenberg M, Getz G, Yang EG, Ryu MH, Bass AJ, Kim HK
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Bone metastasis in prostate cancer: Recurring mitochondrial DNA mutation reveals selective pressure exerted by the bone microenvironment.
- Authors: Arnold RS, Fedewa SA, Goodman M, Osunkoya AO, Kissick HT, Morrissey C, True LD, Petros JA
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Single cell genomics reveals activation signatures of endogenous SCAR's networks in aneuploid human embryos and clinically intractable malignant tumors.
- Authors: Glinsky GV
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 10