Predictive biomarkers of response for immune checkpoint inhibitors in non-small-cell lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK;
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmune checkpoint blockade has been a pivotal development in the management of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Although durable antitumour activity and improved survival have been observed in a subset of patients, there is a need for additional predictive biomarkers to improve patient selection and avoid toxicity in potential non-responders. This review will address the use and limitations of tumour programmed death-ligand 1 expression as a predictive biomarker and review emerging biomarker strategies specifically related to NSCLC including genetic alterations (tumour mutation burden, loss and gain activated mutations), tumour-related factors (tumour microenvironment) and factors related to the host immune system. Novel approaches in biomarker detection such as peripheral blood monitoring will also be reviewed.
CitationPrelaj A, Tay R, Ferrara R, Chaput N, Besse B, Califano R. Predictive biomarkers of response for immune checkpoint inhibitors in non-small-cell lung cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2018 Dec 4;106:144-59.
JournalEur J Cancer
- EGFR mutation subtypes and response to immune checkpoint blockade treatment in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Hastings K, Yu HA, Wei W, Sanchez-Vega F, DeVeaux M, Choi J, Rizvi H, Lisberg A, Truini A, Lydon CA, Liu Z, Henick BS, Wurtz A, Cai G, Plodkowski AJ, Long NM, Halpenny DF, Killam J, Oliva I, Schultz N, Riely GJ, Arcila ME, Ladanyi M, Zelterman D, Herbst RS, Goldberg SB, Awad MM, Garon EB, Gettinger S, Hellmann MD, Politi K
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 1
- Clinical Implications of Circulating Tumor DNA Tumor Mutational Burden (ctDNA TMB) in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Chae YK, Davis AA, Agte S, Pan A, Simon NI, Iams WT, Cruz MR, Tamragouri K, Rhee K, Mohindra N, Villaflor V, Park W, Lopes G, Giles FJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Biomarkers for immune checkpoint inhibition in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Authors: Bodor JN, Boumber Y, Borghaei H
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 15
- Predictive biomarkers of response to PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Shien K, Papadimitrakopoulou VA, Wistuba II
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- PD-1/PD-L1 Blockade Therapy in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Current Status and Future Directions.
- Authors: Xia L, Liu Y, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2019 Feb