Ex vivo culture of cells derived from circulating tumour cell xenograft to support small cell lung cancer research and experimental therapeutics.
Schenk, Maximilian, W
Chester, Christopher P E
Frese, Kristopher, K
Gorgoulis, Vassilis, G
Miller, Crispin J
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is an aggressive disease with median survival of < 2 years. Tumour biopsies for research are scarce, especially from extensive-stage patients, with repeat sampling at disease progression rarely performed. We overcame this limitation for relevant preclinical models by developing SCLC circulating tumour cell derived explants (CDX) which mimic the donor tumour pathology and chemotherapy response. To facilitate compound screening and identification of clinically relevant biomarkers, we developed short term ex vivo cultures of CDX tumour cells.
CitationLallo A, Gulati S, Schenk M, Khandelwal G, Berglund U, Pateras I, et al. Ex vivo culture of cells derived from circulating tumour cell xenograft to support small cell lung cancer research and experimental therapeutics. Br J Pharmacol. 2018 Nov 14.
JournalBritish Journal of Pharmacology
- Tumourigenic non-small-cell lung cancer mesenchymal circulating tumour cells: a clinical case study.
- Authors: Morrow CJ, Trapani F, Metcalf RL, Bertolini G, Hodgkinson CL, Khandelwal G, Kelly P, Galvin M, Carter L, Simpson KL, Williamson S, Wirth C, Simms N, Frankliln L, Frese KK, Rothwell DG, Nonaka D, Miller CJ, Brady G, Blackhall FH, Dive C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Cisplatin and photodynamic therapy exert synergistic inhibitory effects on small-cell lung cancer cell viability and xenograft tumor growth.
- Authors: Cheng YS, Peng YB, Yao M, Teng JP, Ni D, Zhu ZJ, Zhuang BF, Yang ZY
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 3
- The Combination of the PARP Inhibitor Olaparib and the WEE1 Inhibitor AZD1775 as a New Therapeutic Option for Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Lallo A, Frese KK, Morrow CJ, Sloane R, Gulati S, Schenk MW, Trapani F, Simms N, Galvin M, Brown S, Hodgkinson CL, Priest L, Hughes A, Lai Z, Cadogan E, Khandelwal G, Simpson KL, Miller C, Blackhall F, O'Connor MJ, Dive C
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 15
- Trastuzumab emtansine suppresses the growth of HER2-positive small-cell lung cancer in preclinical models.
- Authors: Morimura O, Minami T, Kijima T, Koyama S, Otsuka T, Kinehara Y, Osa A, Higashiguchi M, Miyake K, Nagatomo I, Hirata H, Iwahori K, Takimoto T, Takeda Y, Kida H, Kumanogoh A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 8
- Identification of anti-tumour biologics using primary tumour models, 3-D phenotypic screening and image-based multi-parametric profiling.
- Authors: Sandercock AM, Rust S, Guillard S, Sachsenmeier KF, Holoweckyj N, Hay C, Flynn M, Huang Q, Yan K, Herpers B, Price LS, Soden J, Freeth J, Jermutus L, Hollingsworth R, Minter R
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 31