Survival with nal-IRI (liposomal irinotecan) plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin versus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in per-protocol and non-per-protocol populations of NAPOLI-1: Expanded analysis of a globalphase 3 trial.
de Jong, FA
Hubner, Richard A
AffiliationNational Institute of Cancer Research, National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), 367 Sheng-Li Road, Tainan 704, Taiwan
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: In the phase 3 randomised NAPOLI-1 clinical study, a 45% increase in median overall survival (OS) was shown with liposomal irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (nal-IRI+5-FU/LV) versus 5-FU/LV in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer progressing after gemcitabine-based therapy. Here, we report data from a pre-specified, expanded analysis of outcomes in the per-protocol (PP) population. MATERIALS AND METHODS: The PP population comprised patients receiving ?80% of planned treatment during the first 6 weeks, with no major protocol violations. A post-hoc analysis of the non-PP population was also performed. RESULTS: For PP patients, median OS was 8.9 (95% confidence interval: 6.4-10.5) months with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV (n = 66) vs 5.1 (4.0-7.2) months with 5-FU/LV (n = 71; unstratified hazard ratio [HR] 0.57, p = 0.011). For non-PP patients, it was 4.4 (3.3-5.3) months with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV (n = 51) vs 2.8 (1.7-3.2) months with 5-FU/LV (n = 48; unstratified HR 0.64, p = 0.0648). CONCLUSION: A statistically significant survival advantage was observed with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV vs 5-FU/LV in the PP patient population.
CitationChen LT, Siveke JT, Wang-Gillam A, Li CP, Bodoky G, Dean AP, et al. Survival with nal-IRI (liposomal irinotecan) plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin versus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in per-protocol and non-per-protocol populations of NAPOLI-1: Expanded analysis of a global phase 3 trial. Eur J Cancer. 2018 Dec;105:71-8.
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- NAPOLI-1 phase 3 study of liposomal irinotecan in metastatic pancreatic cancer: Final overall survival analysis and characteristics of long-term survivors.
- Authors: Wang-Gillam A, Hubner RA, Siveke JT, Von Hoff DD, Belanger B, de Jong FA, Mirakhur B, Chen LT
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Liposomal irinotecan in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma in Asian patients: Subgroup analysis of the NAPOLI-1 study.
- Authors: Bang YJ, Li CP, Lee KH, Chiu CF, Park JO, Shan YS, Kim JS, Chen JS, Shim HJ, Rau KM, Choi HJ, Oh DY, Belanger B, Chen LT
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Quality of life in metastatic pancreatic cancer patients receiving liposomal irinotecan plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin.
- Authors: Hubner RA, Cubillo A, Blanc JF, Melisi D, Von Hoff DD, Wang-Gillam A, Chen LT, Becker C, Mamlouk K, Belanger B, Yang Y, de Jong FA, Siveke JT
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Liposomal irinotecan and 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin in older patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer - A subgroup analysis of the pivotal NAPOLI-1 trial.
- Authors: Macarulla T, Blanc JF, Wang-Gillam A, Chen LT, Siveke JT, Mirakhur B, Chen J, de Jong FA
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Nanoliposomal irinotecan with fluorouracil for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer, a single institution experience.
- Authors: Glassman DC, Palmaira RL, Covington CM, Desai AM, Ku GY, Li J, Harding JJ, Varghese AM, O'Reilly EM, Yu KH
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 27