Survival with nal-IRI (liposomal irinotecan) plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin versus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in per-protocol and non-per-protocol populations of NAPOLI-1: Expanded analysis of a globalphase 3 trial.
de Jong, FA
Hubner, Richard A
AffiliationNational Institute of Cancer Research, National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), 367 Sheng-Li Road, Tainan 704, Taiwan
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: In the phase 3 randomised NAPOLI-1 clinical study, a 45% increase in median overall survival (OS) was shown with liposomal irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (nal-IRI+5-FU/LV) versus 5-FU/LV in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer progressing after gemcitabine-based therapy. Here, we report data from a pre-specified, expanded analysis of outcomes in the per-protocol (PP) population. MATERIALS AND METHODS: The PP population comprised patients receiving ?80% of planned treatment during the first 6 weeks, with no major protocol violations. A post-hoc analysis of the non-PP population was also performed. RESULTS: For PP patients, median OS was 8.9 (95% confidence interval: 6.4-10.5) months with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV (n = 66) vs 5.1 (4.0-7.2) months with 5-FU/LV (n = 71; unstratified hazard ratio [HR] 0.57, p = 0.011). For non-PP patients, it was 4.4 (3.3-5.3) months with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV (n = 51) vs 2.8 (1.7-3.2) months with 5-FU/LV (n = 48; unstratified HR 0.64, p = 0.0648). CONCLUSION: A statistically significant survival advantage was observed with nal-IRI+5-FU/LV vs 5-FU/LV in the PP patient population.
CitationChen LT, Siveke JT, Wang-Gillam A, Li CP, Bodoky G, Dean AP, et al. Survival with nal-IRI (liposomal irinotecan) plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin versus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in per-protocol and non-per-protocol populations of NAPOLI-1: Expanded analysis of a global phase 3 trial. Eur J Cancer. 2018 Dec;105:71-8.
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- NAPOLI-1 phase 3 study of liposomal irinotecan in metastatic pancreatic cancer: Final overall survival analysis and characteristics of long-term survivors.
- Authors: Wang-Gillam A, Hubner RA, Siveke JT, Von Hoff DD, Belanger B, de Jong FA, Mirakhur B, Chen LT
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Quality of life in metastatic pancreatic cancer patients receiving liposomal irinotecan plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin.
- Authors: Hubner RA, Cubillo A, Blanc JF, Melisi D, Von Hoff DD, Wang-Gillam A, Chen LT, Becker C, Mamlouk K, Belanger B, Yang Y, de Jong FA, Siveke JT
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Liposomal irinotecan in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma in Asian patients: Subgroup analysis of the NAPOLI-1 study.
- Authors: Bang YJ, Li CP, Lee KH, Chiu CF, Park JO, Shan YS, Kim JS, Chen JS, Shim HJ, Rau KM, Choi HJ, Oh DY, Belanger B, Chen LT
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Liposomal irinotecan and 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin in older patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer - A subgroup analysis of the pivotal NAPOLI-1 trial.
- Authors: Macarulla T, Blanc JF, Wang-Gillam A, Chen LT, Siveke JT, Mirakhur B, Chen J, de Jong FA
- Issue date: 2019 May
- nal-IRI+5-FU/LV versus 5-FU/LV in post-gemcitabine metastatic pancreatic cancer: Randomized phase 2 trial in Japanese patients.
- Authors: Ueno M, Nakamori S, Sugimori K, Kanai M, Ikeda M, Ozaka M, Furukawa M, Okusaka T, Kawabe K, Furuse J, Komatsu Y, Ishii H, Sato A, Shimizu S, Chugh P, Tang R, Ioka T
- Issue date: 2020 Dec