Prophylactic donor lymphocyte infusion after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in acute leukaemia - a matched pair analysis by the Acute Leukaemia Working Party of EBMT
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology and Oncology, Klinikum Augsburg, University of Munich, Augsburg, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStrategies for relapse prevention after allogeneic transplantation in acute leukaemia are warranted. A registry-based matched-pair analysis evaluated the efficacy of prophylactic donor lymphocyte infusion (proDLI). Adults receiving proDLI in complete remission (CR) and controls were pair-matched for age, diagnosis, cytogenetics, stage, donor, gender conditioning and T-cell depletion. Eighty-nine pairs were identified (median follow-up: 6.9 years). Within the entire cohort, no difference was observed. However, among patients with high-risk acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) (unfavourable cytogenetics and/or transplanted beyond first CR), proDLI recipients had improved overall survival (69.8% vs. 40.2% in controls, P = 0.027). ProDLI has moderate efficacy, but can contribute to improved outcome in high-risk AML.
CitationSchmid C, Labopin M, Schaap N, Veelken H, Schleuning M, Stadler M, et al. Prophylactic donor lymphocyte infusion after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in acute leukaemia - a matched pair analysis by the Acute Leukaemia Working Party of EBMT. Br J Haematol. 2018 Nov 22.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Comparison of the safety and efficacy of prophylactic donor lymphocyte infusion after haploidentical versus matched-sibling PBSCT in very high-risk acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Gao XN, Lin J, Wang LJ, Li F, Li HH, Wang SH, Huang WR, Gao CJ, Yu L, Liu DH
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Donor lymphocyte infusion in the treatment of first hematological relapse after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in adults with acute myeloid leukemia: a retrospective risk factors analysis and comparison with other strategies by the EBMT Acute Leukemia Working Party.
- Authors: Schmid C, Labopin M, Nagler A, Bornhäuser M, Finke J, Fassas A, Volin L, Gürman G, Maertens J, Bordigoni P, Holler E, Ehninger G, Polge E, Gorin NC, Kolb HJ, Rocha V, EBMT Acute Leukemia Working Party.
- Issue date: 2007 Nov 1
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation in adult patients with acute myeloid leukaemia and 17p abnormalities in first complete remission: a study from the Acute Leukemia Working Party (ALWP) of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
- Authors: Poiré X, Labopin M, Maertens J, Yakoub-Agha I, Blaise D, Ifrah N, Socié G, Gedde-Dhal T, Schaap N, Cornelissen JJ, Vigouroux S, Sanz J, Michaux L, Esteve J, Mohty M, Nagler A
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 18
- Outcomes of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from unmanipulated haploidentical versus matched sibling donor in patients with acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission with intermediate or high-risk cytogenetics: a study from the Acute Leukemia Working Party of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- Authors: Salvatore D, Labopin M, Ruggeri A, Battipaglia G, Ghavamzadeh A, Ciceri F, Blaise D, Arcese W, Sociè G, Bourhis JH, Van Lint MT, Bruno B, Huynh A, Santarone S, Deconinck E, Mohty M, Nagler A
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Sequential chemotherapy followed by reduced-intensity conditioning and allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in adult patients with relapse or refractory acute myeloid leukaemia: a survey from the Acute Leukaemia Working Party of EBMT.
- Authors: Ringdén O, Labopin M, Schmid C, Sadeghi B, Polge E, Tischer J, Ganser A, Michallet M, Kanz L, Schwerdtfeger R, Nagler A, Mohty M, Acute Leukaemia Working Party of the EBMT.
- Issue date: 2017 Feb