What Do the Guidelines Say for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Starting Androgen Deprivation Therapy? National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology recommendations
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA;
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractClinical trial data forms the foundation of how we treat men with metastatic prostate cancer who are initiating therapy. However, clinical trial data does not answer everything; hence, good clinical practice, pragmatism, and occasionally extrapolation drives how we manage these patients. Fortunately, multiple international guideline committees meet regularly and offer clinical guidance. In this mini-review, we focus on the United States National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology (EAU) recommendations for the initial treatment of metastatic prostate cancer.
CitationYu EY, Gillessen S, Mottet N. What Do the Guidelines Say for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Starting Androgen Deprivation Therapy? National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology recommendations. European Urology Focus [Internet]. 2018 Oct.
JournalEur Urol Focus
- EAU-ESTRO-SIOG Guidelines on Prostate Cancer. Part II: Treatment of Relapsing, Metastatic, and Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Cornford P, Bellmunt J, Bolla M, Briers E, De Santis M, Gross T, Henry AM, Joniau S, Lam TB, Mason MD, van der Poel HG, van der Kwast TH, Rouvière O, Wiegel T, Mottet N
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Austrian recommendations on Targeted Hormone Therapy for metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Authors: Ponholzer A, Loidl W, Bektic J, Dorfinger K, Hruby S, Jeschke K, Kramer G, Krause S, Ludvik G, Remzi M, Roider M, Stoiber F
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- EAU-ESTRO-SIOG Guidelines on Prostate Cancer. Part 1: Screening, Diagnosis, and Local Treatment with Curative Intent.
- Authors: Mottet N, Bellmunt J, Bolla M, Briers E, Cumberbatch MG, De Santis M, Fossati N, Gross T, Henry AM, Joniau S, Lam TB, Mason MD, Matveev VB, Moldovan PC, van den Bergh RCN, Van den Broeck T, van der Poel HG, van der Kwast TH, Rouvière O, Schoots IG, Wiegel T, Cornford P
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Patterns of prescription and adherence to European Association of Urology guidelines on androgen deprivation therapy in prostate cancer: an Italian multicentre cross-sectional analysis from the Choosing Treatment for Prostate Cancer (CHOICE) study.
- Authors: Morgia G, Russo GI, Tubaro A, Bortolus R, Randone D, Gabriele P, Trippa F, Zattoni F, Porena M, Mirone V, Serni S, Del Nero A, Lay G, Ricardi U, Rocco F, Terrone C, Pagliarulo A, Ludovico G, Vespasiani G, Brausi M, Simeone C, Novella G, Carmignani G, Leonardi R, Pinnarò P, De Paula U, Corvò R, Tenaglia R, Siracusano S, Mantini G, Gontero P, Savoca G, Ficarra V, (Members of the LUNA Foundation, Società Italiana d'Urologia).
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Optimizing Anticancer Therapy in Metastatic Non-Castrate Prostate Cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline.
- Authors: Morris MJ, Rumble RB, Basch E, Hotte SJ, Loblaw A, Rathkopf D, Celano P, Bangs R, Milowsky MI
- Issue date: 2018 May 20