What Do the Guidelines Say for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Starting Androgen Deprivation Therapy? National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology recommendations
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA;
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractClinical trial data forms the foundation of how we treat men with metastatic prostate cancer who are initiating therapy. However, clinical trial data does not answer everything; hence, good clinical practice, pragmatism, and occasionally extrapolation drives how we manage these patients. Fortunately, multiple international guideline committees meet regularly and offer clinical guidance. In this mini-review, we focus on the United States National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology (EAU) recommendations for the initial treatment of metastatic prostate cancer.
CitationYu EY, Gillessen S, Mottet N. What Do the Guidelines Say for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Starting Androgen Deprivation Therapy? National Comprehensive Cancer Network, European Society for Medical Oncology, and European Association of Urology recommendations. European Urology Focus [Internet]. 2018 Oct.
JournalEur Urol Focus
- Clinical Trials of Metastatic Castration-sensitive Prostate Cancer: Recent Progress and New Horizons.
- Authors: Hamid AA, Morris MJ, Davis ID
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- EAU-ESTRO-SIOG Guidelines on Prostate Cancer. Part II: Treatment of Relapsing, Metastatic, and Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Cornford P, Bellmunt J, Bolla M, Briers E, De Santis M, Gross T, Henry AM, Joniau S, Lam TB, Mason MD, van der Poel HG, van der Kwast TH, Rouvière O, Wiegel T, Mottet N
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Abiraterone plus Prednisone in Metastatic, Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Fizazi K, Tran N, Fein L, Matsubara N, Rodriguez-Antolin A, Alekseev BY, Özgüroğlu M, Ye D, Feyerabend S, Protheroe A, De Porre P, Kheoh T, Park YC, Todd MB, Chi KN, LATITUDE Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 27
- Comparison of Abiraterone Acetate and Docetaxel with Androgen Deprivation Therapy in High-risk and Metastatic Hormone-naïve Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis.
- Authors: Wallis CJD, Klaassen Z, Bhindi B, Goldberg H, Chandrasekar T, Farrell AM, Boorjian SA, Kulkarni GS, Karnes RJ, Satkunasivam R
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Treatment of hormone-naïve metastatic prostate cancer.
- Authors: Hamilou Z, Saad F, Fizazi K
- Issue date: 2018 Sep