ERS Statement on harmonised standards for lung cancer registration and lung cancer services in Europe
De Ruysscher, D
Van Schill, P
AffiliationDepartment of Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractINTRODUCTION: The European Respiratory Society taskforce for harmonised standards for lung cancer registration and lung cancer services in Europe recognised the need to create a single dataset for use in pan-European data collection, and a manual of standards for European lung cancer services. METHODS: Existing national and international datasets were reviewed with the results of a survey of clinical data collection on lung cancer in 35 European countries. These two different sources of evidence were considered by the multidisciplinary taskforce. A similar process was followed for the manual of lung cancer services where existing guidelines and national or international recommendations for lung cancer services were used to develop a manual of standards for services in Europe. RESULTS: Essential and minimum datasets for lung cancer registration were developed to enable all countries to collect the same essential data and some to collect data with greater detail. A manual specifying standards for lung cancer services in Europe was developed. CONCLUSION: Despite the wide variation in the socio-political landscape across Europe, the ERS is determined to encourage the delivery of high quality lung cancer care. The manual of lung cancer services and minimum dataset for lung cancer registration will both support this aspiration.
CitationRich AL, Baldwin DR, Beckett P, Berghmans T, Boyd J, Faivre-Finn C, et al. ERS Statement on harmonised standards for lung cancer registration and lung cancer services in Europe. European Respiratory Journal. 2018 Oct 25;1800610.
JournalEur Respir J
- The European initiative for quality management in lung cancer care.
- Authors: Blum TG, Rich A, Baldwin D, Beckett P, De Ruysscher D, Faivre-Finn C, Gaga M, Gamarra F, Grigoriu B, Hansen NC, Hubbard R, Huber RM, Jakobsen E, Jovanovic D, Konsoulova A, Kollmeier J, Massard G, McPhelim J, Meert AP, Milroy R, Paesmans M, Peake M, Putora PM, Scherpereel A, Schönfeld N, Sitter H, Skaug K, Spiro S, Strand TE, Taright S, Thomas M, van Schil PE, Vansteenkiste JF, Wiewrodt R, Sculier JP
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Achieving Thoracic Oncology data collection in Europe: a precursor study in 35 Countries.
- Authors: Rich A, Baldwin D, Alfageme I, Beckett P, Berghmans T, Brincat S, Burghuber O, Corlateanu A, Cufer T, Damhuis R, Danila E, Domagala-Kulawik J, Elia S, Gaga M, Goksel T, Grigoriu B, Hillerdal G, Huber RM, Jakobsen E, Jonsson S, Jovanovic D, Kavcova E, Konsoulova A, Laisaar T, Makitaro R, Mehic B, Milroy R, Moldvay J, Morgan R, Nanushi M, Paesmans M, Putora PM, Samarzija M, Scherpereel A, Schlesser M, Sculier JP, Skrickova J, Sotto-Mayor R, Strand TE, Van Schil P, Blum TG
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 20
- The NCI All Ireland Cancer Conference.
- Authors: Johnston PG, Daly PA, Liu E
- Issue date: 1999
- European Survey on Standards of Care in paediatric oncology centres.
- Authors: Kowalczyk JR, Samardakiewicz M, Pritchard-Jones K, Ladenstein R, Essiaf S, Fitzgerald E, Petrarulo G, Vassal G
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- EURECCA colorectal: multidisciplinary mission statement on better care for patients with colon and rectal cancer in Europe.
- Authors: van de Velde CJ, Aristei C, Boelens PG, Beets-Tan RG, Blomqvist L, Borras JM, van den Broek CB, Brown G, Coebergh JW, Cutsem EV, Espin E, Gore-Booth J, Glimelius B, Haustermans K, Henning G, Iversen LH, Han van Krieken J, Marijnen CA, Mroczkowski P, Nagtegaal I, Naredi P, Ortiz H, Påhlman L, Quirke P, Rödel C, Roth A, Rutten HJ, Schmoll HJ, Smith J, Tanis PJ, Taylor C, Wibe A, Gambacorta MA, Meldolesi E, Wiggers T, Cervantes A, Valentini V, European Registration of Cancer Care.
- Issue date: 2013 Sep