Factors affecting local regrowth after watch and wait for patients with a clinical complete response following chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer (InterCoRe consortium): an individual participant data meta-analysis.
Sun Myint, A
Saunders, Mark P
O'Dwyer, Sarah T
de Castro Araujo, R
Sao Julião, G
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationDivision of Surgical Oncology and General Surgery, Princess Margaret Hospital and University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn patients with rectal cancer who achieve clinical complete response after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy, watch and wait is a novel management strategy with potential to avoid major surgery. Study-level meta-analyses have reported wide variation in the proportion of patients with local regrowth. We did an individual participant data meta-analysis to investigate factors affecting occurrence of local regrowth.
CitationFactors affecting local regrowth after watch and wait for patients with a clinical complete response following chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer (InterCoRe consortium): an individual participant data meta-analysis. 2018 Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol
JournalThe Lancet. Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- A watch-and-wait approach for locally advanced rectal cancer after a clinical complete response following neoadjuvant chemoradiation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Dossa F, Chesney TR, Acuna SA, Baxter NN
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Watch-and-wait approach versus surgical resection after chemoradiotherapy for patients with rectal cancer (the OnCoRe project): a propensity-score matched cohort analysis.
- Authors: Renehan AG, Malcomson L, Emsley R, Gollins S, Maw A, Myint AS, Rooney PS, Susnerwala S, Blower A, Saunders MP, Wilson MS, Scott N, O'Dwyer ST
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Conditional recurrence-free survival of clinical complete responders managed by watch and wait after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancer in the International Watch & Wait Database: a retrospective, international, multicentre registry study.
- Authors: Fernandez LM, São Julião GP, Figueiredo NL, Beets GL, van der Valk MJM, Bahadoer RR, Hilling DE, Meershoek-Klein Kranenbarg E, Roodvoets AGH, Renehan AG, van de Velde CJH, Habr-Gama A, Perez RO, International Watch & Wait Database Consortium.
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- [Application value of colonoscopic assessment in "watch and wait" strategy for mid-lower rectal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy].
- Authors: Li SJ, Wang L, Zhang XY, Li YH, Li ZW, Wu Q, Sun YS, Wu AW
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 25
- Observation of "complete clinical response" in rectal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiation: The Flinders experience.
- Authors: Sposato LA, Lam Y, Karapetis C, Vatandoust S, Roy A, Hakendorf P, Dwyer A, de Fontgalland D, Hollington P, Wattchow D
- Issue date: 2018 Dec