Heterogeneous relationships of squamous and basal cell carcinomas of the skin with smoking: the UK Million Women Study and meta-analysis of prospective studies.
AffiliationCancer Epidemiology Unit, Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPublished findings on the associations between smoking and the incidence of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and basal cell carcinoma (BCC) are inconsistent. We aimed to generate prospective evidence on these relationships overall and by anatomical site.
CitationHeterogeneous relationships of squamous and basal cell carcinomas of the skin with smoking: the UK Million Women Study and meta-analysis of prospective studies. 2018 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Cigarette Smoking and the Risks of Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Authors: Dusingize JC, Olsen CM, Pandeya NP, Subramaniam P, Thompson BS, Neale RE, Green AC, Whiteman DC, QSkin Study.
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Occurrence of other cancers among patients with prior basal cell and squamous cell skin cancer.
- Authors: Karagas MR, Greenberg ER, Mott LA, Baron JA, Ernster VL
- Issue date: 1998 Feb
- Risks of different skin tumour combinations after a first melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma in Dutch population-based cohorts: 1989-2009.
- Authors: van der Leest RJT, Hollestein LM, Liu L, Nijsten T, de Vries E
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Risk of developing a subsequent nonmelanoma skin cancer in patients with a history of nonmelanoma skin cancer: a critical review of the literature and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Marcil I, Stern RS
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Caffeine intake and risk of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas of the skin in an 11-year prospective study.
- Authors: Miura K, Hughes MC, Green AC, van der Pols JC
- Issue date: 2014