Heterogeneous relationships of squamous and basal cell carcinomas of the skin with smoking: the UK Million Women Study and meta-analysis of prospective studies.
AffiliationCancer Epidemiology Unit, Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPublished findings on the associations between smoking and the incidence of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and basal cell carcinoma (BCC) are inconsistent. We aimed to generate prospective evidence on these relationships overall and by anatomical site.
CitationHeterogeneous relationships of squamous and basal cell carcinomas of the skin with smoking: the UK Million Women Study and meta-analysis of prospective studies. 2018 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Cigarette Smoking and the Risks of Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Authors: Dusingize JC, Olsen CM, Pandeya NP, Subramaniam P, Thompson BS, Neale RE, Green AC, Whiteman DC, QSkin Study.
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Risk of basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers after ionizing radiation therapy. For The Skin Cancer Prevention Study Group.
- Authors: Karagas MR, McDonald JA, Greenberg ER, Stukel TA, Weiss JE, Baron JA, Stevens MM
- Issue date: 1996 Dec 18
- A prospective study of incident squamous cell carcinoma of the skin in the nurses' health study.
- Authors: Grodstein F, Speizer FE, Hunter DJ
- Issue date: 1995 Jul 19
- Occurrence of other cancers among patients with prior basal cell and squamous cell skin cancer.
- Authors: Karagas MR, Greenberg ER, Mott LA, Baron JA, Ernster VL
- Issue date: 1998 Feb
- Smoking and risk of skin cancer: a prospective analysis and a meta-analysis.
- Authors: Song F, Qureshi AA, Gao X, Li T, Han J
- Issue date: 2012 Dec