LSD1 inhibitors disrupt the GFI1 transcription repressor complex.
AffiliationLeukaemia Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPharmacologic inhibition of KDM1A (Lysine Demethylase 1A) induces differentiation in certain subtypes of acute myeloid leukemia. Our recent studies reveal this is dependent upon drug-induced disruption of the GFI1 (Growth Factor Independent 1) transcription repressor complex, leading to activation of enhancers distributed close to genes controlling monocytic lineage differentiation.
CitationLSD1 inhibitors disrupt the GFI1 transcription repressor complex. 2018, 5(4): e1481813 Mol Cell Oncol
JournalMolecular & Cellular Oncology
- Enhancer Activation by Pharmacologic Displacement of LSD1 from GFI1 Induces Differentiation in Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: Maiques-Diaz A, Spencer GJ, Lynch JT, Ciceri F, Williams EL, Amaral FMR, Wiseman DH, Harris WJ, Li Y, Sahoo S, Hitchin JR, Mould DP, Fairweather EE, Waszkowycz B, Jordan AM, Smith DL, Somervaille TCP
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 27
- Targeting the GFI1/1B-CoREST Complex in Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: van Bergen MGJM, van der Reijden BA
- Issue date: 2019
- Upregulation of CD11b and CD86 through LSD1 inhibition promotes myeloid differentiation and suppresses cell proliferation in human monocytic leukemia cells.
- Authors: Fang J, Ying H, Mao T, Fang Y, Lu Y, Wang H, Zang I, Wang Z, Lin Y, Zhao M, Luo X, Wang Z, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Xiao W, Wang Y, Tan W, Chen Z, Lu C, Atadja P, Li E, Zhao K, Liu J, Gu J
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 17
- Targeting the scaffolding role of LSD1 (KDM1A) poises acute myeloid leukemia cells for retinoic acid-induced differentiation.
- Authors: Ravasio R, Ceccacci E, Nicosia L, Hosseini A, Rossi PL, Barozzi I, Fornasari L, Zuffo RD, Valente S, Fioravanti R, Mercurio C, Varasi M, Mattevi A, Mai A, Pavesi G, Bonaldi T, Minucci S
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- LSD1-mediated repression of GFI1 super-enhancer plays an essential role in erythroleukemia.
- Authors: Tatsumi G, Kawahara M, Yamamoto R, Hishizawa M, Kito K, Suzuki T, Takaori-Kondo A, Andoh A
- Issue date: 2020 Mar