Investigation of myositis and scleroderma specific autoantibodies in patients with lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe close temporal association between onset of some connective tissue diseases and cancer suggests a paraneoplastic association. Adult patients with scleroderma with anti-RNA polymerase III autoantibodies and adult patients with dermatomyositis with anti-transcriptional intermediary factor 1 (anti-TIF1) or anti-nuclear matrix protein 2 (anti-NXP2) autoantibodies have a significantly increased risk of developing cancer. Autoantibodies may serve as biomarkers for early detection of cancer and also could be relevant for prediction of responses to immune therapies. We aimed to test whether myositis and scleroderma specific or associated autoantibodies are detectable in individuals with lung cancer.
CitationInvestigation of myositis and scleroderma specific autoantibodies in patients with lung cancer. 2018, 20(1): 176 Arthritis Res Ther
JournalArthritis Research & Therapy
- Identification of multiple cancer-associated myositis-specific autoantibodies in idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: a large longitudinal cohort study.
- Authors: Yang H, Peng Q, Yin L, Li S, Shi J, Zhang Y, Lu X, Shu X, Zhang S, Wang G
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 25
- Evaluation of cancer-associated myositis and scleroderma autoantibodies in breast cancer patients without rheumatic disease.
- Authors: Shah AA, Rosen A, Hummers LK, May BJ, Kaushiva A, Roden RBS, Armstrong DK, Wigley FM, Casciola-Rosen L, Visvanathan K
- Issue date: 2017 Sep-Oct
- Antibodies to glycyl-transfer RNA synthetase in patients with myositis and interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Targoff IN, Trieu EP, Plotz PH, Miller FW
- Issue date: 1992 Jul
- Four dermatomyositis-specific autoantibodies-anti-TIF1γ, anti-NXP2, anti-SAE and anti-MDA5-in adult and juvenile patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathies in a Hungarian cohort.
- Authors: Bodoki L, Nagy-Vincze M, Griger Z, Betteridge Z, Szöllősi L, Dankó K
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- [Myositis-specific autoantibodies].
- Authors: Fujimoto M
- Issue date: 2013 Apr