PHOTOSTENT-02: porfimer sodium photodynamic therapy plus stenting versus stenting alone in patients with locally advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer.
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationThe UCL Institute for Liver and Digestive Health, University College London, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEndobiliary stenting is standard practice for palliation of obstructive jaundice due to biliary tract cancer (BTC). Photodynamic therapy (PDT) may also improve biliary drainage and previous small studies suggested survival benefit.
CitationPHOTOSTENT-02: porfimer sodium photodynamic therapy plus stenting versus stenting alone in patients with locally advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer. 2018, 3(5): e000379 ESMO Open
- Randomised phase II trial of photodynamic therapy plus oral fluoropyrimidine, S-1, versus photodynamic therapy alone for unresectable hilar cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Park DH, Lee SS, Park SE, Lee JL, Choi JH, Choi HJ, Jang JW, Kim HJ, Eum JB, Seo DW, Lee SK, Kim MH, Lee JB
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Safety and long term efficacy of porfimer sodium photodynamic therapy in locally advanced biliary tract carcinoma.
- Authors: Pereira SP, Aithal GP, Ragunath K, Devlin J, Owen F, Meadows H
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Longterm outcome of photodynamic therapy compared with biliary stenting alone in patients with advanced hilar cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Cheon YK, Lee TY, Lee SM, Yoon JY, Shim CS
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Phase II trial of erlotinib and docetaxel in advanced and refractory hepatocellular and biliary cancers: Hoosier Oncology Group GI06-101.
- Authors: Chiorean EG, Ramasubbaiah R, Yu M, Picus J, Bufill JA, Tong Y, Coleman N, Johnston EL, Currie C, Loehrer PJ
- Issue date: 2012
- Gemcitabine-based chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract carcinomas.
- Authors: Abdel-Rahman O, Elsayed Z, Elhalawani H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 6