A prospective phase II study of pre-operative chemotherapy then short-course radiotherapy for high risk rectal cancer: COPERNICUS.
Saunders, Mark P
AffiliationNorth Wales Cancer Treatment Centre, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire, LL18 5UJ, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNeoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) allows earlier treatment of rectal cancer micro-metastases but is not standard of care. There are currently no biomarkers predicting long-term progression-free survival (PFS) benefit from NAC.
CitationA prospective phase II study of pre-operative chemotherapy then short-course radiotherapy for high risk rectal cancer: COPERNICUS. 2018, Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- A rectal cancer feasibility study with an embedded phase III trial design assessing magnetic resonance tumour regression grade (mrTRG) as a novel biomarker to stratify management by good and poor response to chemoradiotherapy (TRIGGER): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Battersby NJ, Dattani M, Rao S, Cunningham D, Tait D, Adams R, Moran BJ, Khakoo S, Tekkis P, Rasheed S, Mirnezami A, Quirke P, West NP, Nagtegaal I, Chong I, Sadanandam A, Valeri N, Thomas K, Frost M, Brown G
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29
- Bevacizumab and Combination Chemotherapy in rectal cancer Until Surgery (BACCHUS): a phase II, multicentre, open-label, randomised study of neoadjuvant chemotherapy alone in patients with high-risk cancer of the rectum.
- Authors: Glynne-Jones R, Hava N, Goh V, Bosompem S, Bridgewater J, Chau I, Gaya A, Wasan H, Moran B, Melcher L, MacDonald A, Osborne M, Beare S, Jitlal M, Lopes A, Hall M, West N, Quirke P, Wong WL, Harrison M, Bacchus investigators.
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 23
- Oxaliplatin added to fluorouracil-based preoperative chemoradiotherapy and postoperative chemotherapy of locally advanced rectal cancer (the German CAO/ARO/AIO-04 study): final results of the multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Rödel C, Graeven U, Fietkau R, Hohenberger W, Hothorn T, Arnold D, Hofheinz RD, Ghadimi M, Wolff HA, Lang-Welzenbach M, Raab HR, Wittekind C, Ströbel P, Staib L, Wilhelm M, Grabenbauer GG, Hoffmanns H, Lindemann F, Schlenska-Lange A, Folprecht G, Sauer R, Liersch T, German Rectal Cancer Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Phase II Trial of Preoperative Radiation With Concurrent Capecitabine, Oxaliplatin, and Bevacizumab Followed by Surgery and Postoperative 5-Fluorouracil, Leucovorin, Oxaliplatin (FOLFOX), and Bevacizumab in Patients With Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer: 5-Year Clinical Outcomes ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group E3204.
- Authors: Landry JC, Feng Y, Prabhu RS, Cohen SJ, Staley CA, Whittington R, Sigurdson ER, Nimeiri H, Verma U, Benson AB
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Neoadjuvant-intensified treatment for rectal cancer: time to change?
- Authors: Musio D, De Felice F, Bulzonetti N, Guarnaccia R, Caiazzo R, Bangrazi C, Raffetto N, Tombolini V
- Issue date: 2013 May 28