Irreversible electroporation in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Is there a role in conjunction with conventional treatment?
AuthorsDe Liguori Carino, N
Valle, Juan W
McNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationRegional Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe incidence of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) is rapidly increasing. Up to 30% of patients present with locally advanced disease and therefore are not candidates for surgery. Locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) is an emerging entity lacking in level III evidence-based recommendations for its treatment. Currently, systemic chemotherapy is the main treatment for LAPC. However, due to lack of response or disease progression, downsizing of the tumour, making it resectable is successful in only a small proportion of patients. Radiotherapy is often advocated to improve local disease control if there is stability following chemotherapy. Recently, Irreversible Electroporation (IRE), a novel non-thermal ablation technique, has been proposed for the treatment of LAPC.
CitationIrreversible electroporation in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Is there a role in conjunction with conventional treatment? 2018, 44(10): 1486-1493 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Irreversible electroporation as treatment of locally advanced and as margin accentuation in borderline resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Marsanic P, Mellano A, Sottile A, De Simone M
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Percutaneous irreversible electroporation for treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer following chemotherapy or radiochemotherapy.
- Authors: Månsson C, Brahmstaedt R, Nilsson A, Nygren P, Karlson BM
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Induction Chemotherapy Followed by Resection or Irreversible Electroporation in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer (IMPALA): A Prospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Vogel JA, Rombouts SJ, de Rooij T, van Delden OM, Dijkgraaf MG, van Gulik TM, van Hooft JE, van Laarhoven HW, Martin RC, Schoorlemmer A, Wilmink JW, van Lienden KP, Busch OR, Besselink MG
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX for locally advanced and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: An intention to treat analysis.
- Authors: Barenboim A, Lahat G, Geva R, Nachmany I, Nakache R, Goykhman Y, Brazowski E, Rosen G, Isakov O, Wolf I, Klausner JM, Lubezky N
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Percutaneous CT-guided irreversible electroporation followed by chemotherapy as a novel neoadjuvant protocol in locally advanced pancreatic cancer: Our preliminary experience.
- Authors: Belfiore MP, Ronza FM, Romano F, Ianniello GP, De Lucia G, Gallo C, Marsicano C, Di Gennaro TL, Belfiore G
- Issue date: 2015 Sep