Irreversible electroporation in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Is there a role in conjunction with conventional treatment?
AuthorsDe Liguori Carino, N
Valle, Juan W
McNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationRegional Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe incidence of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) is rapidly increasing. Up to 30% of patients present with locally advanced disease and therefore are not candidates for surgery. Locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) is an emerging entity lacking in level III evidence-based recommendations for its treatment. Currently, systemic chemotherapy is the main treatment for LAPC. However, due to lack of response or disease progression, downsizing of the tumour, making it resectable is successful in only a small proportion of patients. Radiotherapy is often advocated to improve local disease control if there is stability following chemotherapy. Recently, Irreversible Electroporation (IRE), a novel non-thermal ablation technique, has been proposed for the treatment of LAPC.
CitationIrreversible electroporation in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Is there a role in conjunction with conventional treatment? 2018, 44(10): 1486-1493 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Irreversible electroporation as treatment of locally advanced and as margin accentuation in borderline resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Marsanic P, Mellano A, Sottile A, De Simone M
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Irreversible electroporation after induction chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for patients with locally advanced pancreatic cancer: A propensity score matching analysis.
- Authors: He C, Wang J, Zhang Y, Lin X, Li S
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Comparison of combination therapies in the management of locally advanced pancreatic cancer: Induction chemotherapy followed by irreversible electroporation vs radiofrequency ablation.
- Authors: He C, Wang J, Zhang Y, Cai Z, Lin X, Li S
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Value of CT-Guided Percutaneous Irreversible Electroporation Added to FOLFIRINOX Chemotherapy in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Post Hoc Comparison.
- Authors: van Veldhuisen E, Vroomen LG, Ruarus AH, Derksen TC, Busch OR, de Jong MC, Kazemier G, Puijk RS, Sorgedrager NS, Vogel JA, Scheffer HJ, van Lienden KP, Wilmink JW, Besselink MG, Meijerink MR
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Prognostic factor analysis of irreversible electroporation for locally advanced pancreatic cancer - A multi-institutional clinical study in Asia.
- Authors: Yang PC, Huang KW, Pua U, Kim MD, Li SP, Li XY, Liang PC
- Issue date: 2020 May