Circulating biomarkers and resistance to endocrine therapy in metastatic breast cancers: correlative results from AZD9496 oral SERD phase I trial.
Armstrong, Anne C
AffiliationInternal Medicine- Div. of Hematology/Oncology, University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center (UM CCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCommon resistance mechanisms to endocrine therapy (ET) in estrogen receptor (ER) positive metastatic breast cancers include, among others, ER loss and acquired activating mutations in the ligand-binding domain of the ER gene (ESR1LBDm). ESR1 mutational mediated resistance may be overcome by selective ER degraders (SERDs). During the first-in-human study of oral SERD AZD9496, early changes in circulating tumor cells (CTC) and circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) were explored as potential non-invasive tools, alongside paired tumor biopsies, to assess pharmacodynamics and early efficacy.
CitationCirculating biomarkers and resistance to endocrine therapy in metastatic breast cancers: correlative results from AZD9496 oral SERD phase I trial. 2018, Clin Cancer Res
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- <i>ESR1</i> Methylation: A Liquid Biopsy-Based Epigenetic Assay for the Follow-up of Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer Receiving Endocrine Treatment.
- Authors: Mastoraki S, Strati A, Tzanikou E, Chimonidou M, Politaki E, Voutsina A, Psyrri A, Georgoulias V, Lianidou E
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15
- Estrogen receptor mutations and splice variants determined in liquid biopsies from metastatic breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Beije N, Sieuwerts AM, Kraan J, Van NM, Onstenk W, Vitale SR, van der Vlugt-Daane M, Dirix LY, Brouwer A, Hamberg P, de Jongh FE, Jager A, Seynaeve CM, Jansen MPHM, Foekens JA, Martens JWM, Sleijfer S
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The prevalence of estrogen receptor-1 mutation in advanced breast cancer: The estrogen receptor one study (EROS1).
- Authors: Najim O, Huizing M, Papadimitriou K, Trinh XB, Pauwels P, Goethals S, Zwaenepoel K, Peterson K, Weyler J, Altintas S, van Dam P, Tjalma W
- Issue date: 2019
- Detection of Activating Estrogen Receptor Gene (<i>ESR1</i>) Mutations in Single Circulating Tumor Cells.
- Authors: Paolillo C, Mu Z, Rossi G, Schiewer MJ, Nguyen T, Austin L, Capoluongo E, Knudsen K, Cristofanilli M, Fortina P
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 15
- Cell-Free DNA and Circulating Tumor Cells: Comprehensive Liquid Biopsy Analysis in Advanced Breast Cancer.
- Authors: Rossi G, Mu Z, Rademaker AW, Austin LK, Strickland KS, Costa RLB, Nagy RJ, Zagonel V, Taxter TJ, Behdad A, Wehbe FH, Platanias LC, Gradishar WJ, Cristofanilli M
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 1