Copy number signatures and mutational processes in ovarian carcinoma.
De Silva, D
Clamp, Andrew R
AffiliationCancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, Cambridge, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe genomic complexity of profound copy number aberrations has prevented effective molecular stratification of ovarian cancers. Here, to decode this complexity, we derived copy number signatures from shallow whole-genome sequencing of 117 high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) cases, which were validated on 527 independent cases. We show that HGSOC comprises a continuum of genomes shaped by multiple mutational processes that result in known patterns of genomic aberration. Copy number signature exposures at diagnosis predict both overall survival and the probability of platinum-resistant relapse. Measurement of signature exposures provides a rational framework to choose combination treatments that target multiple mutational processes.
CitationCopy number signatures and mutational processes in ovarian carcinoma. 2018, 50(9): 1262-1270 Nat Genet
- Genomic Rearrangement Signatures and Clinical Outcomes in High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Hillman RT, Chisholm GB, Lu KH, Futreal PA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 1
- Abnormal plasma DNA profiles in early ovarian cancer using a non-invasive prenatal testing platform: implications for cancer screening.
- Authors: Cohen PA, Flowers N, Tong S, Hannan N, Pertile MD, Hui L
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 24
- Focal Recurrent Copy Number Alterations Characterize Disease Relapse in High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Patients with Good Clinical Prognosis: A Pilot Study.
- Authors: Dugo M, Devecchi A, De Cecco L, Cecchin E, Mezzanzanica D, Sensi M, Bagnoli M
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 5
- A BRCA1/2 Mutational Signature and Survival in Ovarian High-Grade Serous Carcinoma.
- Authors: Dong F, Davineni PK, Howitt BE, Beck AH
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Genetic heterogeneity after first-line chemotherapy in high-grade serous ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Lambrechts S, Smeets D, Moisse M, Braicu EI, Vanderstichele A, Zhao H, Van Nieuwenhuysen E, Berns E, Sehouli J, Zeillinger R, Darb-Esfahani S, Cacsire Castillo-Tong D, Lambrechts D, Vergote I
- Issue date: 2016 Jan