Addressing the quality of life needs of older patients with cancer: a SIOG consensus paper and practical guide.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology and Supportive Care, Foch Hospital, Suresnes, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAround 60% of people living with cancer are aged 65 years or older. Older cancer patients face a unique set of age-associated changes, comorbidities and circumstances that impact on their quality of life (QoL) in ways that are different from those affecting younger patients. A Task Force of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology recommends and encourages all healthcare professionals involved in cancer care to place greater focus on the QoL of older people living with cancer. This paper summarizes current thinking on the key issues of importance to addressing QoL needs of older cancer patients and makes a series of recommendations, together with practical guidance.
CitationAddressing the quality of life needs of older patients with cancer: a SIOG consensus paper and practical guide. 2018, 29(8): 1718-1726 Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Geriatric assessment in daily oncology practice for nurses and allied health care professionals: Opinion paper of the Nursing and Allied Health Interest Group of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG).
- Authors: Burhenn PS, McCarthy AL, Begue A, Nightingale G, Cheng K, Kenis C
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Treatment of colorectal cancer in older patients: International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) consensus recommendations 2013.
- Authors: Papamichael D, Audisio RA, Glimelius B, de Gramont A, Glynne-Jones R, Haller D, Köhne CH, Rostoft S, Lemmens V, Mitry E, Rutten H, Sargent D, Sastre J, Seymour M, Starling N, Van Cutsem E, Aapro M
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Updated recommendations of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology on prostate cancer management in older patients.
- Authors: Boyle HJ, Alibhai S, Decoster L, Efstathiou E, Fizazi K, Mottet N, Oudard S, Payne H, Prentice M, Puts M, Aapro M, Droz JP
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Management of Prostate Cancer in Elderly Patients: Recommendations of a Task Force of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology.
- Authors: Droz JP, Albrand G, Gillessen S, Hughes S, Mottet N, Oudard S, Payne H, Puts M, Zulian G, Balducci L, Aapro M
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the elderly: impact of prognosis, comorbidities, geriatric assessment, and supportive care on clinical practice. An International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) expert position paper.
- Authors: Morrison VA, Hamlin P, Soubeyran P, Stauder R, Wadhwa P, Aapro M, Lichtman S
- Issue date: 2015 Mar