Inter-comparison of quantitative imaging of lutetium-177 (177Lu) in European hospitals.
AffiliationUniversity of Surrey, Guildford, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis inter-comparison exercise was performed to demonstrate the variability of quantitative SPECT/CT imaging for lutetium-177 (177Lu) in current clinical practice. Our aim was to assess the feasibility of using international inter-comparison exercises as a means to ensure consistency between clinical sites whilst enabling the sites to use their own choice of quantitative imaging protocols, specific to their systems. Dual-compartment concentric spherical sources of accurately known activity concentrations were prepared and sent to seven European clinical sites. The site staff were not aware of the true volumes or activity within the sources-they performed SPECT/CT imaging of the source, positioned within a water-filled phantom, using their own choice of parameters and reported their estimate of the activities within the source.
CitationInter-comparison of quantitative imaging of lutetium-177 (177Lu) in European hospitals. 2018, 5(1): 17 EJNMMI Phys
- Variability in lutetium-177 SPECT quantification between different state-of-the-art SPECT/CT systems.
- Authors: Peters SMB, Meyer Viol SL, van der Werf NR, de Jong N, van Velden FHP, Meeuwis A, Konijnenberg MW, Gotthardt M, de Jong HWAM, Segbers M
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 11
- Quantitative <sup>177</sup>Lu SPECT imaging using advanced correction algorithms in non-reference geometry.
- Authors: D'Arienzo M, Cozzella ML, Fazio A, De Felice P, Iaccarino G, D'Andrea M, Ungania S, Cazzato M, Schmidt K, Kimiaei S, Strigari L
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Quantitative accuracy of 177Lu SPECT imaging for molecular radiotherapy.
- Authors: Mezzenga E, D'Errico V, D'Arienzo M, Strigari L, Panagiota K, Matteucci F, Severi S, Paganelli G, Fenwick A, Bianchini D, Marcocci F, Sarnelli A
- Issue date: 2017
- Comparison of ⁹⁰Y and ¹⁷⁷Lu measurement capability in UK and European hospitals.
- Authors: Fenwick A, Baker M, Ferreira K, Keightley J
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Design and Fabrication of Kidney Phantoms for Internal Radiation Dosimetry Using 3D Printing Technology.
- Authors: Tran-Gia J, Schlögl S, Lassmann M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec