PATRIOT: a phase I study to assess the tolerability, safety and biological effects of a specific ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related (ATR) inhibitor (AZD6738) as a single agent and in combination with palliative radiation therapy in patients with solid tumours.
Saunders, Mark P
AffiliationThe Institute of Cancer Research, London, UKThe Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPATRIOT is a phase I study of the ATR inhibitor, AZD6738, as monotherapy, and in combination with palliative radiotherapy. Here, we describe the protocol for this study, which opened in 2014 and is currently recruiting and comprises dose escalation of both drug and radiotherapy, and expansion cohorts.
CitationPATRIOT: a phase I study to assess the tolerability, safety and biological effects of a specific ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related (ATR) inhibitor (AZD6738) as a single agent and in combination with palliative radiation therapy in patients with solid tumours. 2018, 12: 16-20 Clin Transl Radiat Oncol
JournalClinical and Translational Radiation Oncology
- ATR kinase inhibitors NVP-BEZ235 and AZD6738 effectively penetrate the brain after systemic administration.
- Authors: Fròsina G, Profumo A, Marubbi D, Marcello D, Ravetti JL, Daga A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 23
- Inhibition of ataxia telangiectasia related-3 (ATR) improves therapeutic index in preclinical models of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) radiotherapy.
- Authors: Dunne V, Ghita M, Small DM, Coffey CBM, Weldon S, Taggart CC, Osman SO, McGarry CK, Prise KM, Hanna GG, Butterworth KT
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- The orally active and bioavailable ATR kinase inhibitor AZD6738 potentiates the anti-tumor effects of cisplatin to resolve ATM-deficient non-small cell lung cancer in vivo.
- Authors: Vendetti FP, Lau A, Schamus S, Conrads TP, O'Connor MJ, Bakkenist CJ
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 29
- Anti-tumor activity of the ATR inhibitor AZD6738 in HER2 positive breast cancer cells.
- Authors: Kim HJ, Min A, Im SA, Jang H, Lee KH, Lau A, Lee M, Kim S, Yang Y, Kim J, Kim TY, Oh DY, Brown J, O'Connor MJ, Bang YJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 1
- Combined ATR and DNA-PK Inhibition Radiosensitizes Tumor Cells Independently of Their p53 Status.
- Authors: Hafsi H, Dillon MT, Barker HE, Kyula JN, Schick U, Paget JT, Smith HG, Pedersen M, McLaughlin M, Harrington KJ
- Issue date: 2018