DNA methylation and repressive histones in the promoters of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, PD-L1, and galectin-9 genes in human colorectal cancer.
AffiliationCancer Research Center, Qatar Biomedical Research Institute, College of Science and Engineering, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar Foundation, P.O. Box 5825, Doha, Qatar
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractColorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most commonly diagnosed human malignancy worldwide. Upregulation of inhibitory immune checkpoints by tumor-infiltrating immune cells (TIICs) or their ligands by tumor cells leads to tumor evasion from host immunosurveillance. Changes in DNA methylation pattern and enrichment of methylated histone marks in the promoter regions could be major contributors to the upregulation of immune checkpoints (ICs) in the tumor microenvironment (TME).
CitationDNA methylation and repressive histones in the promoters of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, PD-L1, and galectin-9 genes in human colorectal cancer. 2018, 10(1): 104 Clin Epigenetics
- DNA methylation and repressive H3K9 and H3K27 trimethylation in the promoter regions of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, and PD-L1 genes in human primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Sasidharan Nair V, El Salhat H, Taha RZ, John A, Ali BR, Elkord E
- Issue date: 2018
- DNA methylation of immune checkpoints in the peripheral blood of breast and colorectal cancer patients.
- Authors: Elashi AA, Sasidharan Nair V, Taha RZ, Shaath H, Elkord E
- Issue date: 2019
- Promoter CpG island hypermethylation- and H3K9me3 and H3K27me3-mediated epigenetic silencing targets the deleted in colon cancer (DCC) gene in colorectal carcinogenesis without affecting neighboring genes on chromosomal region 18q21.
- Authors: Derks S, Bosch LJ, Niessen HE, Moerkerk PT, van den Bosch SM, Carvalho B, Mongera S, Voncken JW, Meijer GA, de Bruïne AP, Herman JG, van Engeland M
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Differentially expressed genes are marked by histone 3 lysine 9 trimethylation in human cancer cells.
- Authors: Wiencke JK, Zheng S, Morrison Z, Yeh RF
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 10
- Chromatin states of developmentally-regulated genes revealed by DNA and histone methylation patterns in zebrafish embryos.
- Authors: Lindeman LC, Winata CL, Aanes H, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P
- Issue date: 2010