DNA methylation and repressive histones in the promoters of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, PD-L1, and galectin-9 genes in human colorectal cancer.
AffiliationCancer Research Center, Qatar Biomedical Research Institute, College of Science and Engineering, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar Foundation, P.O. Box 5825, Doha, Qatar
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractColorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most commonly diagnosed human malignancy worldwide. Upregulation of inhibitory immune checkpoints by tumor-infiltrating immune cells (TIICs) or their ligands by tumor cells leads to tumor evasion from host immunosurveillance. Changes in DNA methylation pattern and enrichment of methylated histone marks in the promoter regions could be major contributors to the upregulation of immune checkpoints (ICs) in the tumor microenvironment (TME).
CitationDNA methylation and repressive histones in the promoters of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, PD-L1, and galectin-9 genes in human colorectal cancer. 2018, 10(1): 104 Clin Epigenetics
- DNA methylation and repressive H3K9 and H3K27 trimethylation in the promoter regions of PD-1, CTLA-4, TIM-3, LAG-3, TIGIT, and PD-L1 genes in human primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Sasidharan Nair V, El Salhat H, Taha RZ, John A, Ali BR, Elkord E
- Issue date: 2018
- DNA methylation of immune checkpoints in the peripheral blood of breast and colorectal cancer patients.
- Authors: Elashi AA, Sasidharan Nair V, Taha RZ, Shaath H, Elkord E
- Issue date: 2019
- Cytolytic activity correlates with the mutational burden and deregulated expression of immune checkpoints in colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Zaravinos A, Roufas C, Nagara M, de Lucas Moreno B, Oblovatskaya M, Efstathiades C, Dimopoulos C, Ayiomamitis GD
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 20
- Altered expression of TIM-3, LAG-3, IDO, PD-L1, and CTLA-4 during nimotuzumab therapy correlates with responses and prognosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma patients.
- Authors: Wang H, Mao L, Zhang T, Zhang L, Wu Y, Guo W, Hu J, Ju H, Ren G
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- DNA methylation in the promoters of PD-L1, MMP9, ARG1, galectin-9, TIM-3, VISTA and TGF-β genes in HLA-DR<sup>-</sup> myeloid cells, compared with HLA-DR<sup>+</sup> antigen-presenting cells.
- Authors: Saleh R, Toor SM, Taha RZ, Al-Ali D, Sasidharan Nair V, Elkord E
- Issue date: 2020 Dec