Predictive biomarkers for response to EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies for advanced squamous cell lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUpregulated expression and aberrant activation of the epidermal growth-factor receptor (EGFR) are found in lung cancer, making EGFR a relevant target for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Treatment with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) is associated with modest improvement in overall survival in patients with squamous cell lung cancer (SqCLC) who have a significant unmet need for effective treatment options. While there is evidence that using EGFR gene copy number, EGFR mutation, and EGFR protein expression as biomarkers can help select patients who respond to treatment, it is important to consider biomarkers for response in patients treated with combination therapies that include EGFR mAbs.
CitationPredictive biomarkers for response to EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies for advanced squamous cell lung cancer. 2018, Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies in combination with chemotherapy for treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer: an updated review of clinical trials and new perspectives in biomarkers analysis.
- Authors: Agustoni F, Suda K, Yu H, Ren S, Rivard CJ, Ellison K, Caldwell C Jr, Rozeboom L, Brovsky K, Hirsch FR
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Randomized Phase II Trial of Seribantumab in Combination with Erlotinib in Patients with EGFR Wild-Type Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Sequist LV, Gray JE, Harb WA, Lopez-Chavez A, Doebele RC, Modiano MR, Jackman DM, Baggstrom MQ, Atmaca A, Felip E, Provencio M, Cobo M, Adiwijaya B, Kuesters G, Kamoun WS, Andreas K, Pipas JM, Santillana S, Cho BC, Park K, Shepherd FA
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Analysis of potential predictive markers of cetuximab benefit in BMS099, a phase III study of cetuximab and first-line taxane/carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Khambata-Ford S, Harbison CT, Hart LL, Awad M, Xu LA, Horak CE, Dakhil S, Hermann RC, Lynch TJ, Weber MR
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 20
- Biomarker analyses and final overall survival results from a phase III, randomized, open-label, first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Asia (IPASS).
- Authors: Fukuoka M, Wu YL, Thongprasert S, Sunpaweravong P, Leong SS, Sriuranpong V, Chao TY, Nakagawa K, Chu DT, Saijo N, Duffield EL, Rukazenkov Y, Speake G, Jiang H, Armour AA, To KF, Yang JC, Mok TS
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 20
- Increased EGFR gene copy number detected by fluorescent in situ hybridization predicts outcome in non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with cetuximab and chemotherapy.
- Authors: Hirsch FR, Herbst RS, Olsen C, Chansky K, Crowley J, Kelly K, Franklin WA, Bunn PA Jr, Varella-Garcia M, Gandara DR
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 10