Predictive biomarkers for response to EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies for advanced squamous cell lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUpregulated expression and aberrant activation of the epidermal growth-factor receptor (EGFR) are found in lung cancer, making EGFR a relevant target for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Treatment with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) is associated with modest improvement in overall survival in patients with squamous cell lung cancer (SqCLC) who have a significant unmet need for effective treatment options. While there is evidence that using EGFR gene copy number, EGFR mutation, and EGFR protein expression as biomarkers can help select patients who respond to treatment, it is important to consider biomarkers for response in patients treated with combination therapies that include EGFR mAbs.
CitationPredictive biomarkers for response to EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies for advanced squamous cell lung cancer. 2018, Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- EGFR-directed monoclonal antibodies in combination with chemotherapy for treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer: an updated review of clinical trials and new perspectives in biomarkers analysis.
- Authors: Agustoni F, Suda K, Yu H, Ren S, Rivard CJ, Ellison K, Caldwell C Jr, Rozeboom L, Brovsky K, Hirsch FR
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibition in the Management of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung.
- Authors: Goss GD, Spaans JN
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutation (EGFR) Testing for Prediction of Response to EGFR-Targeting Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor (TKI) Drugs in Patients with Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: An Evidence-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Medical Advisory Secretariat.
- Issue date: 2010
- The Efficacy of Combining EGFR Monoclonal Antibody With Chemotherapy for Patients With Advanced Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer: A Meta-Analysis From 9 Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Authors: Sheng J, Yang YP, Zhao YY, Qin T, Hu ZH, Zhou T, Zhang YX, Hong SD, Ma YX, Zhao HY, Huang Y, Zhang L
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Anti-EGFR and antiangiogenic monoclonal antibodies in metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Losanno T, Rossi A, Maione P, Napolitano A, Gridelli C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun