'For me it's about not feeling like I'm on a diet': a thematic analysis of women's experiences of an intermittent energy restricted diet to reduce breast cancer risk.
AffiliationNightingale and Prevent Breast Cancer Centre, Manchester University NHS Foundation trust, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWeight-loss programmes requiring intermittent energy restriction offer an alternative to continuous energy restriction programmes that typically have low adherence. We reported greater weight loss, better adherence and spontaneous reduced energy intake on healthy eating days with intermittent as opposed to continuous energy restriction. The present study aims to explore why intermittent energy restriction diets exert these positive effects.
Citation'For me it's about not feeling like I'm on a diet': a thematic analysis of women's experiences of an intermittent energy restricted diet to reduce breast cancer risk. 2018, J Hum Nutr Diet
JournalJournal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Effects of intermittent versus continuous dieting on weight and body composition in obese and overweight people: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Authors: Roman YM, Dominguez MC, Easow TM, Pasupuleti V, White CM, Hernandez AV
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 11
- Rationale for novel intermittent dieting strategies to attenuate adaptive responses to energy restriction.
- Authors: Sainsbury A, Wood RE, Seimon RV, Hills AP, King NA, Gibson AA, Byrne NM
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Intermittent energy restriction for weight loss: Spontaneous reduction of energy intake on unrestricted days.
- Authors: Harvey J, Howell A, Morris J, Harvie M
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Effects of intermittent compared to continuous energy restriction on short-term weight loss and long-term weight loss maintenance.
- Authors: Keogh JB, Pedersen E, Petersen KS, Clifton PM
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Intermittent Dieting: Theoretical Considerations for the Athlete.
- Authors: Peos JJ, Norton LE, Helms ER, Galpin AJ, Fournier P
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 16