Candidate plasma biomarkers for predicting ascending aortic aneurysm in bicuspid aortic valve disease.
Whetton, Anthony D
Townsend, Paul A
AffiliationInstitute of Developmental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBicuspid aortic valve (BAV) disease is the most common congenital cardiac abnormality affecting 1-2% of the population and is associated with a significantly increased risk of ascending aortic aneurysm. However, predicting which patients will develop aneurysms remains a challenge. This pilot study aimed to identify candidate plasma biomarkers for monitoring ascending aortic diameter and predicting risk of future aneurysm in BAV patients.
CitationCandidate plasma biomarkers for predicting ascending aortic aneurysm in bicuspid aortic valve disease. 2018, 13(1): 76 J Cardiothorac Surg
JournalJournal of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase patterns in association with aortic dilatation in bicuspid aortic valve patients with isolated severe aortic stenosis.
- Authors: Wang Y, Wu B, Dong L, Wang C, Wang X, Shu X
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Pattern of ascending aortic dimensions predicts the growth rate of the aorta in patients with bicuspid aortic valve.
- Authors: Della Corte A, Bancone C, Buonocore M, Dialetto G, Covino FE, Manduca S, Scognamiglio G, D'Oria V, De Feo M
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease and ascending aortic aneurysm: should an aortic root replacement be mandatory?†.
- Authors: Vendramin I, Meneguzzi M, Sponga S, Deroma L, Cimarosti R, Lutman C, Daffarra C, Livi U
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Aneurysm development in patients with a bicuspid aortic valve is not associated with transforming growth factor-β activation.
- Authors: Paloschi V, Gådin JR, Khan S, Björck HM, Du L, Maleki S, Roy J, Lindeman JH, Mohamed SA, Tsuda T, Franco-Cereceda A, Eriksson P
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Histological and genetic studies in patients with bicuspid aortic valve and ascending aorta complications.
- Authors: Pisano C, Maresi E, Balistreri CR, Candore G, Merlo D, Fattouch K, Bianco G, Ruvolo G
- Issue date: 2012 Mar