Candidate plasma biomarkers for predicting ascending aortic aneurysm in bicuspid aortic valve disease.
Whetton, Anthony D
Townsend, Paul A
AffiliationInstitute of Developmental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBicuspid aortic valve (BAV) disease is the most common congenital cardiac abnormality affecting 1-2% of the population and is associated with a significantly increased risk of ascending aortic aneurysm. However, predicting which patients will develop aneurysms remains a challenge. This pilot study aimed to identify candidate plasma biomarkers for monitoring ascending aortic diameter and predicting risk of future aneurysm in BAV patients.
CitationCandidate plasma biomarkers for predicting ascending aortic aneurysm in bicuspid aortic valve disease. 2018, 13(1): 76 J Cardiothorac Surg
JournalJournal of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase patterns in association with aortic dilatation in bicuspid aortic valve patients with isolated severe aortic stenosis.
- Authors: Wang Y, Wu B, Dong L, Wang C, Wang X, Shu X
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Pattern of ascending aortic dimensions predicts the growth rate of the aorta in patients with bicuspid aortic valve.
- Authors: Della Corte A, Bancone C, Buonocore M, Dialetto G, Covino FE, Manduca S, Scognamiglio G, D'Oria V, De Feo M
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- The relationship between serum apelin levels and aortic dilatation in bicuspid aortic valve patients.
- Authors: Şimşek EÇ, Yakar Tülüce S, Tülüce K, Emren SV, Çuhadar S, Nazlı C
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- The aortic root does not dilate over time after replacement of the aortic valve and ascending aorta in patients with bicuspid or tricuspid aortic valves.
- Authors: Hui SK, Fan CS, Christie S, Feindel CM, David TE, Ouzounian M
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Aneurysm development in patients with a bicuspid aortic valve is not associated with transforming growth factor-β activation.
- Authors: Paloschi V, Gådin JR, Khan S, Björck HM, Du L, Maleki S, Roy J, Lindeman JH, Mohamed SA, Tsuda T, Franco-Cereceda A, Eriksson P
- Issue date: 2015 Apr