Long-term outcomes of clinical complete responders after neoadjuvant treatment for rectal cancer in the International Watch & Wait Database (IWWD): an international multicentre registry study.
Authorsvan der Valk, M
Meershoek-Klein Kranenbarg, E
Renehan, Andrew G
Van de Velde, C
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe strategy of watch and wait (W&W) in patients with rectal cancer who achieve a complete clinical response (cCR) after neoadjuvant therapy is new and offers an opportunity for patients to avoid major resection surgery. However, evidence is based on small-to-moderate sized series from specialist centres. The International Watch & Wait Database (IWWD) aims to describe the outcome of the W&W strategy in a large-scale registry of pooled individual patient data. We report the results of a descriptive analysis after inclusion of more than 1000 patients in the registry.
CitationLong-term outcomes of clinical complete responders after neoadjuvant treatment for rectal cancer in the International Watch & Wait Database (IWWD): an international multicentre registry study. 2018, 391(10139): 2537-2545 Lancet
- Watch-and-wait approach versus surgical resection after chemoradiotherapy for patients with rectal cancer (the OnCoRe project): a propensity-score matched cohort analysis.
- Authors: Renehan AG, Malcomson L, Emsley R, Gollins S, Maw A, Myint AS, Rooney PS, Susnerwala S, Blower A, Saunders MP, Wilson MS, Scott N, O'Dwyer ST
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- ["Watch and wait" strategy after neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer: status survey of perceptions, attitudes and treatment selection in Chinese surgeons].
- Authors: Sun TT, Wang L, Yao YF, Peng YF, Zhao J, Zhan TC, Leng JH, Wang HY, Chen N, Chen PJ, Li YJ, Zhang X, Liu XZ, Zhang Y, Wu AW
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 25
- A watch-and-wait approach for locally advanced rectal cancer after a clinical complete response following neoadjuvant chemoradiation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Dossa F, Chesney TR, Acuna SA, Baxter NN
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- [Application value of colonoscopic assessment in "watch and wait" strategy for mid-lower rectal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy].
- Authors: Li SJ, Wang L, Zhang XY, Li YH, Li ZW, Wu Q, Sun YS, Wu AW
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 25
- Long-term Outcome of an Organ Preservation Program After Neoadjuvant Treatment for Rectal Cancer.
- Authors: Martens MH, Maas M, Heijnen LA, Lambregts DM, Leijtens JW, Stassen LP, Breukink SO, Hoff C, Belgers EJ, Melenhorst J, Jansen R, Buijsen J, Hoofwijk TG, Beets-Tan RG, Beets GL
- Issue date: 2016 Dec