Women's decision-making regarding risk-stratified breast cancer screening and prevention from the perspective of international healthcare professionals.
AffiliationRadboud Institute for Health Sciences, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreased knowledge of breast cancer risk factors may enable a paradigm shift from one-size-fits-all breast cancer screening to screening and subsequent prevention guided by a woman's individual risk of breast cancer. Professionals will play a key role in informing women about this new personalised screening and prevention programme. Therefore, it is essential to explore professionals' views of the acceptability of this new programme, since this may affect shared decision-making.
CitationWomen's decision-making regarding risk-stratified breast cancer screening and prevention from the perspective of international healthcare professionals. 2018, 13(6): e0197772 PLoS ONE
- Women's perceptions of personalised risk-based breast cancer screening and prevention: an international focus group study.
- Authors: Rainey L, Jervaeus A, Donnelly LS, Evans DG, Hammarström M, Hall P, Wengström Y, Broeders MJM, van der Waal D
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 7
- Are we ready for the challenge of implementing risk-based breast cancer screening and primary prevention?
- Authors: Rainey L, van der Waal D, Jervaeus A, Wengström Y, Evans DG, Donnelly LS, Broeders MJM
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Women's perceptions of the adoption of personalised risk-based breast cancer screening and primary prevention: a systematic review.
- Authors: Rainey L, van der Waal D, Wengström Y, Jervaeus A, Broeders MJM
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- A qualitative study on a decision aid for breast cancer screening: Views from women and health professionals.
- Authors: Toledo-Chávarri A, Rué M, Codern-Bové N, Carles-Lavila M, Perestelo-Pérez L, Pérez-Lacasta MJ, Feijoo-Cid M, InforMa Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 May
- The effect of information about overdetection of breast cancer on women's decision-making about mammography screening: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Hersch J, Barratt A, Jansen J, Houssami N, Irwig L, Jacklyn G, Dhillon H, Thornton H, McGeechan K, Howard K, McCaffery K
- Issue date: 2014 May 15