MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMRI of the prostate is widely used in prostate cancer for local staging. The purpose of this article is to show how preoperative prostate MRI findings may be used as a road map for surgery to preserve the neurovascular bundle, identify risk factors associated with positive surgical margins, and evaluate findings associated with intraoperative complications and functional recovery after surgery.
CitationPreoperative prostate MRI: a road map for surgery. 2018, W1-W9 AJR Am J Roentgenol
JournalAJR American Journal of Roentgenology
- Preoperative staging using magnetic resonance imaging and risk of positive surgical margins after prostate-cancer surgery.
- Authors: Jäderling F, Akre O, Aly M, Björklund J, Olsson M, Adding C, Öberg M, Blomqvist L, Nyberg T, Wiklund P, Carlsson S
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Preoperative prediction of neurovascular bundle involvement of localized prostate cancer by combined T2 and diffusion-weighted imaging of magnetic resonance imaging, number of positive biopsy cores, and Gleason score.
- Authors: Naiki T, Okamura T, Nagata D, Mori Y, Kawai N, Ogawa K, Akita H, Hashimoto Y, Tozawa K, Kohri K
- Issue date: 2011
- Erectile Function Recovery after Radical Prostatectomy in Men with High Risk Features.
- Authors: Recabal P, Assel M, Musser JE, Caras RJ, Sjoberg DD, Coleman JA, Mulhall JP, Parra RO, Scardino PT, Touijer K, Eastham JA, Laudone VP
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Influence of magnetic resonance imaging in the decision to preserve or resect neurovascular bundles at robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
- Authors: Park BH, Jeon HG, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Lee HM, Choi HY, Jeon SS
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Accuracy of preoperative endorectal MRI in predicting extracapsular extension and influence on neurovascular bundle sparing in radical prostatectomy.
- Authors: Roethke MC, Lichy MP, Kniess M, Werner MK, Claussen CD, Stenzl A, Schlemmer HP, Schilling D
- Issue date: 2013 Oct