Predicting Survival After Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Appendix Adenocarcinoma.
Fulford, Paul E
Saunders, Mark P
Renehan, Andrew G
Wilson, Malcolm S
O'Dwyer, Sarah T
AffiliationColorectal & Peritoneal Oncology Centre, The Christie NHSFT, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAppendix adenocarcinomas are rare tumors with propensity for peritoneal metastasis. Cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy is an established treatment with curative intent, but, to date, studies reporting survival have been heterogeneous with regard to their patient groups (including other tumor types), interventions (not all patients receiving intraperitoneal chemotherapy), and follow-up (varying surveillance protocols).
CitationPredicting Survival After Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Appendix Adenocarcinoma. 2018, 61 (7):795-802 Dis. Colon Rectum
JournalDiseases of the Colon and Rectum
- Peritoneal Involvement Is More Common Than Nodal Involvement in Patients With High-Grade Appendix Tumors Who Are Undergoing Prophylactic Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Mehta A, Mittal R, Chandrakumaran K, Carr N, Dayal S, Mohamed F, Moran B, Cecil T
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Adverse Events Postoperatively Had No Impact on Long-Term Survival of Patients Treated with Cytoreductive Surgery with Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Appendiceal Cancer with Peritoneal Metastases.
- Authors: Ihemelandu C, Mavros MN, Sugarbaker P
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Histological Subtype Remains a Significant Prognostic Factor for Survival Outcomes in Patients With Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasm With Peritoneal Dissemination.
- Authors: Huang Y, Alzahrani NA, Chua TC, Morris DL
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Should a History of Extraperitoneal Disease Be a Contraindication to Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Colorectal Cancer Peritoneal Metastases?
- Authors: Baratti D, Kusamura S, Iusco D, Cotsoglou C, Guaglio M, Battaglia L, Virzì S, Mazzaferro V, Deraco M
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- A Prognostic Model for Predicting Overall Survival in Patients with Peritoneal Surface Malignancy of an Appendiceal Origin Treated with Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Ihemelandu C, Fernandez S, Sugarbaker PH
- Issue date: 2017 Aug