Outcomes of radiosensitisation in elderly patients with advanced bladder cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is little evidence to guide treatment in elderly patients with muscle invasive bladder cancer (MIBC). We evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of concurrent radical radiotherapy with gemcitabine radiosensitisation (GemX) in elderly patients with MIBC and compared outcomes to those from the bladder carbogen and nicotinamide (BCON) phase III trial.
CitationOutcomes of radiosensitisation in elderly patients with advanced bladder cancer. 2018, Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Tolerability of Concurrent Chemoradiation Therapy With Gemcitabine (GemX), With and Without Prior Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy, in Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer.
- Authors: Thompson C, Joseph N, Sanderson B, Logue J, Wylie J, Elliott T, Lyons J, Anandadas C, Choudhury A
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15
- Phase II study of conformal hypofractionated radiotherapy with concurrent gemcitabine in muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- Authors: Choudhury A, Swindell R, Logue JP, Elliott PA, Livsey JE, Wise M, Symonds P, Wylie JP, Ramani V, Sangar V, Lyons J, Bottomley I, McCaul D, Clarke NW, Kiltie AE, Cowan RA
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Long-term Outcomes After Bladder-preserving Tri-modality Therapy for Patients with Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer: An Updated Analysis of the Massachusetts General Hospital Experience.
- Authors: Giacalone NJ, Shipley WU, Clayman RH, Niemierko A, Drumm M, Heney NM, Michaelson MD, Lee RJ, Saylor PJ, Wszolek MF, Feldman AS, Dahl DM, Zietman AL, Efstathiou JA
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Concurrent chemotherapy is associated with improved survival in elderly patients with bladder cancer undergoing radiotherapy.
- Authors: Korpics MC, Block AM, Martin B, Hentz C, Gaynor ER, Henry E, Harkenrider MM, Solanki AA
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 15
- Phase I study of gemcitabine and radiotherapy plus cisplatin after transurethral resection as conservative treatment for infiltrating bladder cancer.
- Authors: Caffo O, Fellin G, Graffer U, Valduga F, Bolner A, Luciani L, Tomio L, Galligioni E
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 1